Flamazine

• 17 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Finished my radiotherapy on Wednesday - yay!!

Overall I have done really well. Prepared for the next couple of weeks to possibly get worse but not a lot I can do now!!

Skin has just broken at bottom of neck. I have flamazine for it. One area with crusty blister type things which wept overnight - so very attractive!!  The rest of the skin is just red and peeling slightly.

Would you just put the flamizine on the blisters and moisturiser on the rest or use flamizine all over?? Picked cream up after treatment had finished so did not speak to anybody in RT about it.

Thanks in advance,

Julie

• Hi Julie well done of getting through treatment I woukd just use the gel all over and luke warm water to wash neck if you need to snd pat dry. I burned quite badly and had a polymem bandage tin wear 

keep away from moisturiser on the area rest if neck ok but nothing perfumed or with alcohol in it. 
    good luck hero in touch Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks Hazel, i saw pictures of your burn on your blog, mine is in just about the same place which I find odd as lump just under skin was much higher in neck!

• You’re welcome could be where the beam entered n went upwards mine was in collar bone very close to surface. If u need anything just shout

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hazel is spot on. You’ll be surprised how quickly the skin in your neck heals. It will be much better in a week. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani, if it is very moist / weepy, should I be covering it with a dressing? Usually I would think getting the air to it would dry it out but it is way beyond that!! 

• Can you get polymem from your GP. That’s good for weeping RT burns. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • As Dani suggested try g p for polymem I had to wear mine until the green gunk came through then change it. Mine was  quite open wound see how flamazine works tonight you’ll be surprised how well it heals 

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• Hi Julie 

Great news that you have crossed the finish line. I bet you are so relieved to not have the daily trek to the hospital.

I was advised to use Flamzine all around my neck and once radiation had finished it did start to heal quite quickly. Mine was completely cleared after 2 weeks.

I was told that things would continue to get worse in the 2 weeks following treatment as the radiation continued to work but I don’t think that I did luckily so hope you don’t either.

Michelle xx

• Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear you are starting work again, even part time from home is a real positive move forward!!

Neck does seem to be healing well I am pleased to say, so pleased I got the flamazine.

Other than that doing really well. Although fully aware of this 2 weeks after treatment thing, so far nothing is worse. Yesterday I went into town to sort out a phone upgrade for my son and then went to lunch with my mum and sister! OK, didn't do much for the restof day apart from tiny bit of housework but don't think that's too bad at all!!

I think the fact that I have been able to eat all the way through had really helped physically.

Not sure how long before I make it back to work as mine is a standing up job but....

Can't believe we are both on the other side now!!!

Julie xx

• You are doing fabulously well Julie. I relied mostly on the nutritional liquid supplements at week 2 and was stuck on the sofa with fatigue.

You will be a fantastic inspiration for people embarking on the journey. I know you have had some challenges along the way but I think you are doing brilliantly.

I am so pleased that the worst is now under your belt to!! The 4 month scan results are weighing heavily on my mind now. Mid August for my scan seems so far away.

I will let you know how I get on 

Michelle xx