Flamazine

• 17 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Finished my radiotherapy on Wednesday - yay!!

Overall I have done really well. Prepared for the next couple of weeks to possibly get worse but not a lot I can do now!!

Skin has just broken at bottom of neck. I have flamazine for it. One area with crusty blister type things which wept overnight - so very attractive!!  The rest of the skin is just red and peeling slightly.

Would you just put the flamizine on the blisters and moisturiser on the rest or use flamizine all over?? Picked cream up after treatment had finished so did not speak to anybody in RT about it.

Thanks in advance,

Julie

• Thanks Michelle,

I have resolved to not think about the scans. There is absolutely no reason to think the treatment has not worked, as soon as I am able I plan to resume normal life as much as possible.

Should I ever require further treatment I will think about that when I need to xx

• Treatment failure is exceedingly rare. Keep that thought xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I think that is the right attitude Julie. I wish I could stop fretting but I just need to know for sure xx

• Thanks Dani. My consultant has said 80% cure rate is pessimistic so I know there is a great chance for success and when I saw him last week he said everything looks and feels as it should but I just need that confirmation because I keep thinking if it’s 80% then 1 in 5 don’t get a good result. 
    I have worried ever since I was told they had found cancer cells. Xx

• Hi Michelle. Don’t spend the next few months dwelling on results. The success rate is excellent. Just concentrate on getting through this period. I took the attitude why worry over some thing g  I’ve no control over. I trusted the oncologist and his team and here j am almost 3 years post treatment 

hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks Hazel. I am going to try my very best to put it to the back of my head. I am usually very pragmatic but this experience is something else. Throwing myself back in to work will be my comfort zone, back to some sort of normal and it will occupy my time instead of sitting dwelling.

I was so blasé when going through many biopsies and scans pre diagnosis. Tests kept coming back inconclusive but my consultant kept pushing, she knew there was something there. She didn’t tell me that as she didn’t want to worry me unnecessarily and the positive result came like a bolt out of the blue. When she told me I was on my own, my husband had been to previous meetings where there was nothing much to say so that was typical. Then I cried for many days so I think this experience has affected me more than I would have thought.

Still it won’t do to dwell on what might be. I need to get the champagne in and plan the celebration party don’t I!!!

Thanks 

Michelle xx

• Definitely you’ve done the hard part   I planned flights to Spain 4 days after my results that’s how confident I was xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help