It seems I'm a patient now!

• 10849 replies
  • 388 subscribers

But not a very patient one! 

I've at least got a diagnosis, it's invasive ductal cancer grade 2, but still small, oestrogen receptive but looks as if I might get away with the lymph nodes....and maybe not too much treatment afterwards? 

Complex plan, but to begin with, a sentinel node (plus another one or so) removal as day surgery, (a nuclear medicine visit first to get 'the jab' for them to trace) then a gap while that,  plus the HER result come back, then because of my previous surgeries for cysts and the fact one resulted in a massive haematoma, therefore scar tissue, I will have a complete mastectomy with an implant. That will be immediately after Easter. 

By finding out as much as possible beforehand, the surgeon hopes to prevent too many operations. Obviously I will then need Tamoxifen or similar, so will appreciate helpful advice about that. 

But I'd be interested on anyone's 'take' on her plan. I feel reassured that she took time with me, and the BC nurse afterwards spent a good while too. 

Hugs xxx

• Oh my! 

Got home from our usual Tuesday stint helping the Bombe Rebuild team at Bletchley Park to find a parcel on the doorstep......strange......not expecting anything? 

It's a flower parcel...... Ok I know it's Mothering Sunday soon, but daughter is on her way up tonight and son is at home on holiday? 

I took the poor chilled box in and undid it, a huge bundle of daffodils which I love, and a couple of bunches of purple tulips too.....a note.....' Dear -, we hope this small gesture brightens your day, best wishes, M&S Bank (!!!!!!) 

Well I know I apologised really nicely to all, from my grumpy meltdown last week, but that thoughtful gesture really has put a huge smile on my face! 

(Should I have a few more meltdowns in different stores, I wickedly ask myself?!?!?!?)  

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Oh how lovely, so what's  the next shop do you think?

Jac x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jacmatholmad

Nice to know that M&S customer service still exists! What a nice surprise!

Also, I always rate M&S flowers to send to people (although have recently started sending some from a dedicated online company) because they always last so well.Lucky you!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

Hello 

I love flowers that is so nice of M&S !!:-)

My cat Pia is quite nosey so I have to keep an eye on her around them !

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Anything different grabs her attention !! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

And has to be inspected !!! :-) xx

• What a gorgeous puss cat Lovely flowers too.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lottie8

Thank you she’s a rescue cat from the Oriental Rescue in Sussex. Very, very nervous jumps at anything. But very very  bossy with me >^••^<  !!

indoors cat as has some vision problems. Siamese / Orientals nearest cats  to dogs. Next best thing :-) Judith xx

• And by the look of things, very chilled in that pic! 

Hugs xxx

Oh, and as to future meltdowns, son suggested John Lewis or Waitrose, hubs suggested Hotel Chocolat, daughter suggested an Aston Martin shop!!!!!! (She obviously has expensive tastes!) 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• The daffodils, already beginning to come out....

Moomy