GBM recent diagnosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi, my husband was diagnosed with GBM grade 4 in the left frontal lobe 4 weeks ago, aged 69. He was operated on 3 weeks ago & should start radiotherapy in the next 2 weeks. Since the diagnosis I have found him more difficult to deal with than usual, really quite aggressive until the steroids were reduced from 8 to 2 per day. He is very short tempered still & doesn't talk about how he feels, but he always had a tendency to be like this in our over 40 years of marriage. I know I've been in shock since he collapsed convulsing, put in an induced coma, & subsequent diagnosis, so I can only imagine how he's been feeling, but he won't tell me. Must say I'm finding it difficult to cope, & am fearful about the future, all of this made much more difficult by the COVID restrictions. Just wondered about other people's experiences & coping mechanisms?

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumour and that you're finding life difficult at the moment. I think lots of people will recognise the change in your husband that you have described.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place where only carers can post. I'm sure you'll find others there who will understand what you're going through. If you'd like to do this clicking on my link will take you straight there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Many thanks for that. I'll have a look at the suggestions you make.