Possible brain tumour symptoms

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 33 subscribers

My symptoms began a few years ago - headaches, head pains (left side of the head), and feeling anxious and depressed. I was diagnosed with migraines after an MRI scan, as well as general anxiety disorder. The headaches would come and go very often. Sometimes, when I’ve got a headache, I’ll find it difficult to express myself - can’t find the right words etc. Then 6 months ago, my legs started to ache even after short walks. I was told by the doctor that I had low vitamin D. I’ve been taking the vitamin supplements with little effect. I also have bleeding gums, which for some reason isn’t healing properly - every time I wake up I have fresh blood in my spit. I had a lung Xray and even went to ENT - nothing  wrong was found. A few weeks after, I started experiencing vertigo and dizziness, again I had an MRI scan but for my ears this time. My results came back and there was nothing unusual found. Fast forward to three weeks ago, my symptoms have gotten worse, I feel sleepy all the time - I can’t seem to sleep for more than 4 hours. I’d wake up, then 2 hours later I would feel really sleepy. I would try and force myself to stay awake which would cause me to feel sick, so I’m in bed most of the day. I’m also started to see lightning streaks in my left eye every time I blink. It started same time as the sleepiness. I’ve been to the eye hospital but they said the back of my eye looks healthy and normal, so I’ve gone back to my GP doctor and she’s referred me to have another MRI on my brain. I’m pretty scared my Narcolepsy is being caused my a brain tumour. Any advice on what I should do next?

• Two clear MRIs sounds reassuring to me, and I can’t say your symptoms match my personal experience of AO3 (for example)

I understand your anxiety however & I’d suggest you keep asking questions 

This btw from a bloke a little neurotic about his health these days. My wife will say now, I need only stub my toe to want an air ambulance 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LWF

Thanks LWF. I am just feeling anxious about it. Not sure what is causing my symptoms. Hopefully it isn't something too serious. I have booked another appointment to see my doctor to see what else they can do to help me.