Need to talk

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 33 subscribers

Hello,

My mother was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumour in May. I'm finding it a bit hard to cope for a variety of reasons. I was not brought up by her I was brought up by my grandparents and was only really starting to think of her as my mother in the last few years, and now I feel there's no time left for us. 

Also, I feel a bit pushed out by some members of my family, for example they're always taking her out for coffee etc and not inviting me. And they didn't want me to take her to any of her hospital appointments (she has to go daily).  I have said to them how I feel but it continues to happen. That probably sounds silly but my family situation is complicated and I just feel like I'm not part of it. Also realise it might sound selfish as it's her with the brain tumour not me. I also have sort of been avoiding going round to visit as everytime I do she seems worse and it's happening so quickly and it scares me. I just feel like a shit person all round.

Thanks for reading

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour. It must be very hard for you to cope with, especially as you say that for various reasons you only just feel like you're getting to know her.

I think it might help you to join and post in the family and friends group. It's a safe place to discuss your worries and emotions and you're more likely to connect with other people who have experienced similar issues within their family.

If you'd like to join then clicking on the link I've created will take you over there.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"