Incurable

• 5 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I've just been told my cancer is incurable now. So what's next for me? 

• Hi  I’m so sorry to hear this news, it’s beyond shocking and so devastating for you and your family. I am now aware from my experiences in this Group that incurable does not mean untreatable. I also now personally know some people termed incurable who are still leading fairly full lives but do have to keep having treatment. Have you been provided with treatment options? I see that you’ve had three different types of cancer, these last few years must have been hell for you.  Bev x

• Hi ,

Firstly I have to say how sorry I am that you’ve had this news. I’ve just read your profile & you’ve already really been through the mill haven’t you? I hope you don’t mind me asking but have your treating team offered you a plan of action? I do hope so. Many people these days are living with cancer, incurable is the word none of us want to hear but it doesn’t mean the same as it did a few years ago, I have a friend that is classed as incurable following an original diagnosis of malignant melanoma which went on to spread internally, she’s now having regular immunotherapy with little to no side effects, she’s monitored regularly & living a full & active life. Clinical trials are also something you should ask your treating team about. If you feel like taking a look we do have an Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only it’s just another option where you may find some support ad we as here in this group. 

Nicola 

• Thank you for the replies, was only informed today by surgeon that it won't be going ahead so still to see my main oncologist, just hoping the wheels aren't as slow moving as I've been experiencing as has everyone else lately. Took 8 months for the decision to befinally made so I'm gutted and still in limbo just don't know how I'm meant to feel or what happens next. 

Rena
  • Thank you for your hopeful message I have requested to join the group you sent link for. Feel like I should get a free pass as I'm in a few on here lol

Rena
  • Hi , my heart goes out to you. I sincerely hope that it won't take long before you are given further treatment options, the waiting must be unbearable. Please always post on here for support and you can also always call the Macmillan Support Services for emotional support. Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week,  it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  have a look by Clicking here  Bev x