Wind

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi. I'm now 7mths post treatment and for the past 2 weeks I've experienced the most dreadful wind. It was funny at first but now my husband isn't laughing. I've just started to keep a food diary to see if it's diet related, I didn't have this issue before treatment. Has anybody else experienced something similar? I'm with my Oncologist next week so I'll speak to her too. BevxJoy

• Hi  ( Bev),  I’m afraid the wind is an unfortunate side effect of treatment. I find that for me it is food related so you keeping a food diary is a good idea. I’ve found that foods that set me off seem to be food combinations rather than a single food, so pepper and onions or chickpeas and leeks are not good! I also use activated charcoal tablets after eating if I find the wind is getting up. Bev. X

• Hi Bev (),

I too suffer with bloating & wind & as with  mine is most definitely food related. It’s not consistent with me though sometimes I can eat certain foods then another time it’ll set off the bloating etc., it’s maybe to do with food combinations too. Oh the joys!! 

Nicola