Positive thinking challenge

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi All

My treatment finished 23/12/20 followed by 10 days of feeling grotty, tired  and sore but now healing really well. Only aftermath is continued erratic toilet movements but they do seem less painful Fingers crossedd improving Fingers crossedFingers crossed

Anyway I have signed up for the Cancer Research “ Walk all over Cancer”  challenge which is to walk 10,000 steps a day for the whole of March. Perfect timing for me to get back to fitness and raise money to help improve treatments for all in the future. I’ve asked friends for walking partners as not keen walking in my own. I am overwhelmed with the generosity and so far raised £1400 and 15 walking partners, so no backing out fir me now!! I thought I’d share this in case anyone else interested and needing a challenge after what we’ve gone through.

Hoping you are all doing well and sending positive vibes

Ruth x 

• Hi congratulations on finishing your treatment and I'm pleased to hear that you are healing well, it's amazing how quickly the healing process starts after such intensive treatment. It's very impressive how much you're raised already and its the perfect way for you to regain your fitness. Please let us know how you get on. Bev 

• Hi ,

So pleased to hear you’ve turned that corner & are healing well. 

It’s a lovely idea to raise some funds when charities are suffering throughout the pandemic, so many charities have been unable to hold so many fundraising events etc., & it’s great that your putting into something that’s close to home. Congratulations on what you’ve raised so far, I’m sure there’ll be more to come. As Bev has said let us know how it goes. 

Nicola