Check ups

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi 

I don't know if hospitals have different protocols, but can anyone advise the frequency of check ups and scans following treatment. I know I should know, but i can't remember at what point they change from 3 monthly.

Deb x 

• Hi Deb, I'm one year post treatment. I was told I would have 3 monthly physical check ups for the next 12 months then they would change to 6 monthly physical check ups from 2 years post treatment to 5 years. In addition I was told I would have a CT scan of my lungs and liver at 2 and then 3 years post treatment. x

• Hi ,

How are you doing? 

I was on 3 monthly checks for 2 years, I’ve just gone down to 6 monthly’s just before lockdown, I should have had an oncology appointment tomorrow but received a voicemail at 4.45pm while I was in work saying it’s been cancelled & they’ll call me tomorrow to reschedule! Talk about last minute! I’m not sure if this is the way my check-ups would have run had I not need involved in the clinical trial I’m in. It seems to be normal to only be scanned annually (surveillance scans) following your post treatment scans although I suppose there are exceptions to this & as you say different hospitals do things slightly differently.  

Nicola

• Hiya....I’m 4 years NED and I only see my oncologist every 6 months.....only had 1 set of post treatment scans at 3 years...CT and MRI.....1 year until discharge....Fingers crossed tone1different trysts do different things by the looks...I was under NUH.