Scans

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Mum had her scan today they said results are sent straight to appropriate consultant and she should get a phone call next week to arrange an appointment to discuss results so back to the waiting  , hopefully not to long dont like seeing mum suffer

Julie

• Hi 

That’s good that your mum has had her scan, when I had my diagnostic scans the results went to a multi disciplinary team meeting (MDT)  where Dr’s, radiologists, oncologists etc., all meet up to discuss cases & plan a way forward. At the hospital where I was treated these are held on a weekly basis so hopefully you’ll know more very soon. 

Did you manage to get any more information about getting some practical support for your mum? 

Nicola 

• She was given some personal care stuff to help me look after hygiene and a pressure cushion

I have spoken to council but two month waiting list for occupational health assessment done on home

I think it depends on what treatment plan is. District nurse gave me a phone number for any concerns and I visit every day until I go back to work when I will go in the evenings as my sister is going to set up home office at her house

• That’s good that you have something sorted for the immediate future & that you have been supplied with stuff to keep your mum more comfortable also it’s reassuring knowing you can contact the district nurse with any concerns, hopefully once your mum has seen her consultant & has more information it may move things along a little quicker with the likes of an OC assessment or something similar. 

Nicola