Post treatment skincare

• 5 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi. I’m 7 days post chemoradiation. Each day I’m healing and I feel like I’m turning a corner. I’m using flamigel RH, hospital issue and will do so until day 10 as per product guidance. Once I’m healed I’m not sure about the best skincare products/routine. My skin is starting to feel a little tight and I want to get some moisturisers in ready for the next stage of my recovery. I’d really appreciate your feedback on what worked for you/what was recommended etc Thanks.Bevx

• Hi, I continued to use the aloe vera gel (alcohol free) gel that my friend had made for me for quite some time after radiotherapy ended until the skin returned to a normal colour. I used it less frequently each day as time went by but I found aloe vera gel to be the best thing x

• Thankyou 1 in 1500. Would Aloe Vera give me the moisturing that my skin needs? I know that yours was mixed to a bespoke recipe. I have Aloe Vera 99%pure. Recovery is going well apart from a pesky hemorroid that's made an appearance. Bevx

PP
  • Hi

Good to hear you’re still doing so well… I used to use aqueous cream, I had it on prescription from my GP but it’s cheap enough to buy over the counter. My radiotherapy girls advised me to use it to wash with during treatment when I got radiation cystitis. It cleansed & moisturised all in one. My skin isn’t majorly sensitive now but I use all natural products, so nothing contains soap or artificial fragrance etc., I’ve got some some ‘super sensitive skin balm’ from The Chuckling Goat, to use when needs be, they do fabulous skin care products that are all natural, no chemicals, dyes, phthalates, petrochemicals or parabens, I also take their Goats Milk Kefir every day to boost the good bacteria in my gut (great for your immune system). My oncologist also advised sudocrem if my new skin ever feels a bit irritated. Hope that helps a little. 

Nicola 

• Hi Positive People, I would echo what  Nicky has said above, aqueous cream is great or you could also try E45 cream but that tends to be more expensive. I used to lie naked for 10 mins or so on the bed after to let it all sink in. X

• Hi 1 n 1500. Thank you. The radiographers have been in touch and suggested Derma barrier cream which I was using throughout treatment with Aloe Vera. All suggestions are good. Bevx

PP