Review

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I had chemo/radiotherapy last August/September

Sorry I've been so quiet

May review was postponed until today because of COVID19 but I asked them not to postpone again because I had some worries

Virtually every morning I've got blood on the toilet paper. My diagnosis last year came as a shock because I thought it was just my haemorrhoids playing up again

• Hi ,

Don't feel you need to apologise for being quiet, we’re here if & when you need us.

I too like many have had my review postponed, had a telephone consultation with my surgeon but won’t see him until October (oncology in September). 

Regarding the bleeding I would mention it to your Dr’s although at 2 years post treatment this has been a pretty regular occurrence for me until fairly recently. My oncologist suspected a fissure as this only happened with me when I went to the loo (bowel movement). My surgeon said the new skin that forms post radiotherapy is prone to splitting as it’s very delicate & as long at there wasn’t a lot of blood then I shouldn’t panic too much. I still mentioned this at every follow-up appointment though just so my Dr’s were aware it was still happening. I still take softeners daily so thing in the loo department don’t get difficult! 

Hope this helps a little. 

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Hey Nicola

I read your message before seeing the oncologist. Thanks for your comforting words

Just seen him and still NED after 10 months. Next appointment mid Nov

He confirmed the 'thin scar tissue' theory and mentioned a build up of fibrous tissue at the site of the tumour. Which explains the morning bleeds

Thanks again for your support

xx

• Hi again ,

You’re welcome, that’s great news, it really is, congratulations.

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Lovely to hear from you Andy and so pleased you got good news.