1st hurdle completed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi,

Today was the last day for radiotherapy for me! Woohoo!

Cant say it was all plain sailing (sore, tired but none of the other nasties some poor folks seem to get).

Im just facing the long 12 weeks to my scans, hopefully it’ll lead to an all clear.

A cancer diagnosis is life changing for sure, and it’s certainly led to me rethinking my priorities and living with more purpose rather than accepting stress, long hours and gruelling work life as just something we have to do to get through to retirement.

Im planning to rest and recover for 5e next few weeks then sort out my finances, look for a part time job and more back into nursing ra5er than senior management. 

As challenging as covid has been its given me 5e opportunity to spend a lot more time with my other half who has worked from home I. Order to help me with shielding, and it’s like I have just rediscovered what an awesome person I was lucky enough to marry.

Good luck to all those just about to set out on their treatment journey. You won’t think it now but it will fly and you will make it through because you are much stronger than you think you are right now.

Lil x x 

• Hi , 

Just wanted to offer huge congratulations on completing your treatment, it’s an amazing feeling to check off that last session on your schedule isn’t it? 

It sounds as though you’re going to be making big changes in the future, nothing like a cancer diagnosis to make you re-evaluate things!! It also makes you look a little closer at what you already have in your life opposed to things you think you want or need. 

Time for rest & recuperation now & you will come back stronger than ever. Good luck with your recovery, congratulations again & thank you for the words of encouragement for the people out there just starting out on their journey. 

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Thanks Nicola. Your posts have given me strength and hope through my treatment, so thank you for taking the time to write them too x