Another Scan?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hello All,

I just got a letter from the hospital inviting me for an MRI scan on 12th March.

I had my last scan on 18th Jan and results on 23rd Jan. She said at the time she wouldn’t need to see me for 3 months. She did say she would get me to have another scan before then to establish what is my ‘new normal’.

I don’t really understand why my 18th Jan scan can’t be the new normal, or why she’s getting me scanned after 2 months rather than 3.

Am I adding 2 and 2 and making 5 here?

xx

• Maybe phone on Monday and speak to one of the Colo-Rectal nurses. I’d try to see it that they’re keeping a close eye on you which is good.easier said than done I know x

• Hi Trish (),

It does seem from people’s experiences that some hospitals have different protocols regarding scans etc. I know that when I get my annual scans I have them 2 weeks prior to my review appointment as they have to do the rounds & get reported on by everyone before landing with my oncologist & surgeon. Maybe it’s just to make sure your scan report will be there for your 3 month appointment? Also if the MRI/CT departments are busy they may have given you the closest available appointment. 

Scanxiety is REAL!! I’m sure if you’re really concerned on why it seems a bit early your oncologist won’t mind if you ring & ask the question, I know both my oncologist & surgeon have made it clear if I have any concerns then I can always ring them, it might save you worrying if you can speak to someone. 

Nicola