Apr surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Along with my surgery I had to have back wall of vagina removed as tumour has encroached in this area also. I am almost a year post op and feeling kinda ok. Would love to know if anyone else has had this 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven’t had surgery but am waiting to find out if I need to. If I do, it’s likely it will be similar to yours. I’ll find out on Thursday if I need to start talking to the surgeon.

Would you mind sharing a bit more about your treatment journey so far?

best wishes,

• Hi ,

I haven’t had APR surgery but just wanted to welcome you to the forum, it sounds as though you’ve been through the mill but I’m pleased you’re doing ok. Not many people have posted since I’ve been on the forum that have had the APR surgery, I only know of two or three, but having said that not everyone posts on here so hopefully there may be someone sat in the background that will see your post & reply. 

Hi Trish () really hope your appointment on Thursday goes well & you receive good news. 

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi  welcome to our forum. You’ve been through so much even before you got here. I know APR surgery is massive so to be a year on and feeling ok is such an achievement. There are people on here in similar situations to yourself. I will do a search later and link them to you as they may not be active on the forum. 

Sx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That would be fab, thank you x

• Hi there

I had APR surgery, two years after my original AC treatment because unfortunately I had a recurrence.  Had a short radiotherapy course after the surgery. Good to hear you’re doing OK.  It’s such a big op and the prospect is terrifying.  But I feel pretty good now too and try not to let the stoma stop me.  I went back to work four months after the surgery and  I’ve continued to travel, hike, go to the gym etc.  I use the Braun irrigation system which for me makes all the difference.  Happy to share any experiences or generally chat.

Caroline 

x

• Oops, lost the bit of my post which said I had my surgery in December 2017! 

• FormerMember
    [deleted]
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Caddie2011

you beat me to it I was going to ask you to get in contact. So good to hear that despite everything you’ve been through you’re living your life. You’re one tough lady.

Sx

• FormerMember

has already got in touch, here are a few other members who have had APR’s:

I hope you can connect with some of these members to talk.

Sx

• Thank you!  After the initial horror of it all, I decided that if you’re given the chance of a way to get rid of the beast, the best way forward is to embrace it and make the most of it.  Practicalities still worry me, particularly when we’re away from home but I try not to worry about other things.  The first time I flew after the op I was terrified about all the disasters I could have.  But I just try to suck it up now!