STILL AROUND !!

• 4 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everybody

I haven't been on this site for a few years now.Life takes over with work, looking after my dad who passed away in 2017,getting my kids through exams and college  but I wanted to let you all know that I've had my 5 year scan (actually it was 5.5 years but I never got a scan through !!) and all is still clear so I am now signed off.

Its lovely to see Liddyloo and eirelav still on here giving great advice,hope you are well guys xx

So please don't give up hope,it is a shock to hear you have cancer but this cancer has a good cure rate and things do get better even if it takes  a long long time.

All the best to you all wherever you are on your journeys .

Carla xx

• Hi ,

Firstly can I offer you massive congratulations on your good health, your 5+ years in remission & your all clear & final discharge, it’s a place we all strive to reach! 

Secondly thank you so much for popping back & posting on here & offering encouragement especially to those just starting out on this journey, those at diagnosis & for those just embarking on their treatment plan, I know it was a huge help when I was diagnosed to hear from people that were through the other side of treatment etc., & had recovered & were carrying on with life pretty much as before. 

Nicola x

• Hi Carla

Congratulations on your news! That’s Fantastic!!

I like Nikki would like to Thank you also for popping back on and telling us how you are.

I’ve only 12 months post treatment, I have just had my 12 month check and i’m Still clear. I’m thrilled as the anxiety is So stressful. I have a long way to go on this journey but reading such positive outcomes really makes it so much easier and gives us all hope.

Thanks again

All The Best

Crystal

• Congratulations Carla!

That's such wonderful news to hear!!

Deb x 

• thanks Crystal and Nikki  ,it wasn't plain sailing and took a while to heal. My bones hurt,Ive had the menopause for all this time but I'm here and not as bad as some !!

I have a friend Di that I met on here as we started together ,we still meet up and she is also still clear

take care 

Take care Carla xxx