Toilet card.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi due to go for chemoradiotherapy in two weeks have been alerted to the downsize but I am one these people that like to get me ducks I. Order so tk speak.. 

Can someone advise me where j can get a toilet card as I'm already anxious to have one in me wallet.. Mavny tbanks

• Hi . If you click HERE you should be able to order one. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Thanks I have and there currently out of stock.. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

That is a bit of a bummer :(

If you have a Macmillan cancer centre near to you - do give them a phone as they may have a stash you can grab one from ?

You can see what is in your area by entering your postcode or town name here (link) or use the free phone support line 0808 808 0000 before 8pm tonight.

G n' J

• Hi

i got my card from the Macmillan information centre at the hospital. If not you can ask Macmillan through their website to send you one

Good luck with everything. I have just finished treatment so know what you will be going through

Susie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Susie G

Please if you any tips to make it bearable then please add me... Kinda dreading.. Had chemo four years bk and was lucky with the effects.. But this.. No no no.... 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Susie G

Please if you any tips to make it bearable then please add me... Kinda dreading.. Had chemo four years bk and was lucky with the effects.. But this.. No no no.... 

• Hi - Just had a 3 year check up. My doctor tells me I have bad scar tissue but everything good.  Then he said try not to do 'big poos'.  How? Any advice? 

I still have to go urgently when I am out, sometimes two or three times in as many hours.  Am I eating the wrong foods? Any advice would be appreciated. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cleopatra

So sorry to hear your news about the scar tissue but pleased to see that everything is good must be a relief to you.

It amused me, the doctor telling to try and not do big poos how can you make your body realise that you should only do small poos I'm intrigued.

I take it as you've posted on this thread that you do have your Macmillans Can't Wait toilet card and of course a genuine NKS Radar key to get you into disabled toilets.

You are asking if you are eating the wrong foods, I don't think any food can be classed right or wrong to anal cancer people but I do know that certain foods have different effects on our bodies with some foods making you want to go urgently to others that give you wind or make you bloated and it maybe helpful to start a food diary and record everything that you put into your mouth including the sneaky little treats and noting how your output was effected whether it be leisurely or urgent, small or large or any other effects you have then try and remove some of the foods from your diet and see what results you get.

These might be of interest to you

Macmillans leaflet-Diet after Anal surgery

Macmillans Food guide

I hope I have been of some help but do feel free to come back and ask questions, and if I may suggest that you do so by starting a new discussion as this one is quite old.

Best wishes

Ian

• Hi Ian

Thank you for that - very helpful. I do have a card but don't know what the NKS Radar key is.  I am having soda bread instead of wholemeal and I think this helps.  However I' m a bit of a chocoholic and tea drinker but will buy caffeine free in future. Also peel apples. So many foods especially vegetables which aren;t good for you!

Cleo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cleopatra

Hi Cleo

Hope you find the find the Cant Wait Toilet Card useful. (and in time!)

This might be of interest to you

All you need to know about the NKS Radar key scheme

Although it states these are a available to purchase, I'm greedy I've got 6 of them and I have never purchased one, some local authorities give them away free, but they may not be genuine keys with NKS stamped on them and are not guaranteed to work with every door.

I posted this a few weeks ago in the stoma support group and though it might be of interest to you and others 

These High Street stores have one thing in common

Soda bread sounds like a good alternative to ordinary bread except once I start eating it, I can't stop, even starting baking my own and that was just as bad eating it straight from the oven nice and hot was too much of a temptation. 

You are so right many foods which are good for you are in fact not good for you and need watching.

Always happy to discuss foods with all.

Kind regards

Ian

If you see green text above click on it this will open up new pages for you.