Travel insurance before surgery

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi. Had anyone got travel insurance while they were waiting for surgery ? My husband is due to have his surgery for Bile duct cancer at the end of April and we were hoping to get for a few day's before then as we have been warned that it is a long recovery time. Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your husband has bile duct cancer but it's a lovely idea to try and get away for a break before his treatment begins.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis. While you're waiting to see if you get a response to your question I thought I'd ask if you have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, either scroll down the page to it or click on the link I've created.

I'm also going to include a link to this thread as it mentions a travel insurance company that doesn't appear in the Recommended Travel Insurance thread.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to complete an online form. 

I do hope that you can get travel insurance and have a great time trip.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou for your reply and suggestions. I will look at the threads you mentioned and hope that we find something.