Just bought Travel Insurance.

• 16 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi All,

I have Advanced Prostate Cancer and have been searching online for quotes for the last few months. After being refused quotes 4/5 times from various providers, I decided maybe it would be better to actually speak to a person. I contacted " AllClear " spoke to David and was given a quote of £1661 for 12 days in Portugal October 21 single trip. I then called " MIA Travel Insurance ", spoke to a lovely lady called Sarah and after going through the medical screening was offered a quote of £280.74. I decided to buy the travel insurance and the policy documents came through the post yesterday. My wife and I can now go to Portugal in 5 weeks time to enjoy our 30th wedding anniversary thanks to MIA Travel Insurance. Hopefully this post can help people who are trying to get away after many months of lockdown and the uncertainty of travel insurance for cancer patients.

Take care,  Tom.

• Thanks for posting - I'm off to give it a go!  Hope you have a great holiday.

• Thanks Tom, will give them a try when I can travel again Grinning 

• Thanks Tom , last year we were insured with insurance with - £810 for multi trip world wide . My husband has terminal lunch cancer it was so hard to get that policy and then we didn't travel anywhere !!!

I received a letter from them today just as our policy was about to renew saying that they are undergoing business changes and couldn't renew our policy , I am absolutely dreading the relentless questions .

I will certainly give MIA a call tomorrow , fingers crossed 

• We used insure with a few weeks ago but I think they have gone into liquidation now Thinking

• I have tried several companies to get insurance for my husband who is stable at the moment with metastatic liposarcoma. Having been quoted £2-3,000 I was about to go ahead when they then refused cover to a red list country. I had 2 accepted then refused due to red listing. Very traumatic experience discussing my husband’s life expectancy etc!

• We had a letter from insure with saying there was some bipusiness changes and they aren’t issuing new or renewal policies.

shame they were so good 

• I really feel your pain , it is so traumatic giving them a call I contacted MIA travel who were lovely over the phone , they sent the details to the underwriter who today refused cover as we are going on a cruise , normal holiday would be absolutely fine they said . 
    I have got a quote for£1,200 from All clear for annual policy , waiting for so easy travel to get back to me 

• I’ve just bought travel insurance through Saga as I am over 50 years old.  I have secondary breast cancer which has spread to my liver.  Single trip to Europe was £154.00 which was a fantastic quote compared to other ridiculous quotes from other companies.  

• Saga quoted me nearly £800.  I declared secondary breast cancer, taking targeted therapy (I had to tick "other treatments") and strong painkillers.  Also depression and anxiety (no surprise!) May I ask what you ticked in the questionnaire? 

• I rang them because I couldn’t believe how cheap they were    I have immunotherapy and no other medication and was quoted £151 for 1 weeks holiday in Europe.