Liver lesion found 10 days after right hemicolectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

My 89 year old father had a right hemicolectomy on 18th March. His bowel went to sleep, (ileus,) and took around 9 days before it 'woke up.' During this period, he had a nasal tube draining the secretions from his stomach every 4 hours. He was eventually given nutrients via his arm. He still has both. On Friday he went for a scan, and from this we have been told he has a lesion on his liver. He is to have an MRI scan on Monday. 

He had  a scan, on 31 December,, prior to him being considered for surgery, to ensure the cancer hadn't spread. He was given the all clear, so I'm now not only worried, but very confused. Does anyone know if there is any possibility that this might not be a secondary cancer?

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your dads is facing - this must have been a big shock to you.

As we are not experts and only have out own cancer journeys to look back on it is not our place to make any informed opinion, but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot so can I highlight our various support groups that are Cancer specific

Posting in these groups will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are dealing with at the moment. 

Follow the link I've created, join the group(s) that are the best match then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and you can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

You may also find our Carers only and Family and friends groups a benefit as you will connect with others supporting family through their cancer journey.

You may want to put some information in your profile as this can help a lot. Click here to see how to add details as this helps everyone to see a little about you and how best to reply to you.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge