My mum is starting chemotherapy today and I am so scared

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with colon cancer in December and we later found that it had spread to her liver. She had an operation 6 weeks ago and all went well. Today she starts chemotherapy and I am so scared with everything that is going on at the moment. I wondered if there was anyone else here in the same situation? 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your mum has recently been diagnosed with colon cancer that has spread to her liver.

I can understand what a worrying time this must be for the whole family but you've come to the right place for support. 

There are a few groups that you might like to join. They are the bowel cancer and secondary liver cancer groups, where you can ask questions and share experiences with others who have this type of cancer, and the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive group to share your worries.

To join any or all of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your mum's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"