Thyroid cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

I feel worse now than  I did before I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer.

I have had a radical neck disection (central lymph nodes & all right side lymph nodes removed) with a full thyroidectomy.

Follow up therapy of RAI. My health was terrible following this with infections and unknown allergies to drugs.

I am begining to feel a little physically more capable however this is short lived as fatigue dosent let me do very much at all.

I am now at a loss.... I feel lost in life, I have no goals, my career is no longer viable to continue in my eyes and my cognition is massively affected.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear that you are struggling after treatment.

For a lot of folks the post treatment part can be a big challenge but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

I see you have found our very supportive Thyroid cancer group, posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link I have created then then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your very own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group and ask your questions.

We also have lots of general Cancer experience groups that you can have a look at.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge