FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi

I have bilateral triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma (I think that us how it is spelt). I had surgery beginning of Feb and first chemo next week. Also waiting on genetic testing results but they take 10 weeks. 

Everything seems to take so long and be totally out of my control. I feel like my cancer has become my identity and my work and life is now secondary. Every appointment i attend there is always something not back yet or not communicated and I have to keep chasing people. Is this normal?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm very sorry you've had to come and find us.

Unfortunately, with any type of cancer there's a lot of waiting around for tests and results before your team decide on a treatment plan for you. Hopefully, you'll feel more in control once your individual treatment plan is in place.

In the meantime could I suggest that you copy your introduction from here into the triple negative breast cancer group which I see you've joined. Clicking on the link I've created will take you back to that group and then just select 'start a discussion'.

You might also find joining the main breast cancer group useful as it's very busy and there are lots of people there who can answer questions and give you support.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"