My beloved aunthy was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. She is 87 and has dementia.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hello there

my beloved aunthie was diagnosed with endometrial cancer at 87 years old. She is single with no kids. She also has dementia. Doctor suggested no treatment in her condition, plus she is extremelly skinny. This is happening in my home country in Argentina. 

She is like a mother to me and feel guilty just to leave it untreated. Any adviced will be welcome.

Thanks so very much.

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your auntie has recently been diagnosed with endometrial cancer that her doctor has said cannot be treated. 

In the UK there will have been a multidisciplinary meeting (MDT) where all sorts of experts will have considered what treatment, if any, is suitable. I presume that this will also have happened in Argentina. 

I'm not sure, from what you've said, if you're also in Argentina and were able to attend the appointments with her. To ask questions and share experiences with others who have this type of cancer you're welcome to join the womb cancer group. However, you need to bear in mind that treatments discussed will relate to what happens in the UK and the same procedures may not be carried out in Argentina.

To join this group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You could then copy your introduction from here into a new post there by selecting 'start a discussion'.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your auntie's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"