I lost my mum 2 years May and feel so alone despite have family who love me.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi,

I was told that even though I lost my mum nearly 2 years ago I can still get help.

Mum had two types of cancer, one in the throat and a brain tumour. I use to go round to help washing, changing sheets, taking her shopping and just sitting with her. 

In November 2016, she started to become immobilised so found and rented a bigger place and we all moved in with mum and my stepdad to help care for her, I ended up doing most of the caring as my step dad was out and about a lot, Which also included caring for my youngest daughter (even through my partner and older two helped) and also get up early to get my son to school

I lost my mum in May 2017, I have been trying to keep strong for my three children and now I find myself just bursting into tears out of the blue. I feel so sad most of the time.

My step dad ran off with the money as there was no Will, he left us with so many debts and we had to move out of the place we shared as the rent was too much for us alone, we found a place but could only stay there for 7 months, so we had to move again last year. I love this place and I have a partner and my kids who are brilliant but I feel so lonely. Everything is getting on top of me and I don't know what to do. I was told that I can still get support and I would appreciate even just having a group to talk to in my area.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to start and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance

Sylv

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to see you finding us.

Cancer in the family can turn our world up sides down and you and the rest of the family have been through a hard time but talking with people on the same path can help a lot. 

My cancer journey was rather different but if you follow this LINK to our Bereaved Family Forum you will be able to connect with people who understand the path you are on.

Just join the group and hit the 'Start a Discussion' tab and introduce yourself to the group. Remember to go to the right on the home page and indicate how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts.

You may also find our various Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 helpful as you can talk to a friendly person that can help in various ways including asking about where you can find some one on one support.

You could also have a look at this link to Maggie's Centres as these folks are great.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum and the grief you are feeling. We have a group here you may find it helpful to join and post in, Bereaved family and Friends . There you will be able to share and get support from others who have lost loved ones. If you want to talk to someone in person, the free helpline on 0808 808 0000 is open each day until 8pm. They have friendly advisors who can help. If you look at the top of this page you will see a link for In Your Area. If you click on that and then put your postcode in, it may come up with some support groups near you. If you need any help with anything, just ask. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?