Life beyond Medulary Thyroid Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

In September 2019 it will be 10 years since I was diagnosed with MTC aged 53. Every six months I visit my Oncologist and this will continue for the rest of my life.

It's been a journey I never thought I would have to make and there have been ups and downs, but I am here and still on my journey. Working full time, having great times with my spouse, children, grand kids, friends and our dog, playing and watching sports as proved to me there can be a full and active life beyond MTC. 

When I began my journey it would have been good to have had a buddy who had been on the journey before me that could have held my hand (metaphorically speaking) and helped me along the road.

If anyone would like a buddy just ask and I will help wherever I can.

Dingle

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm glad to hear how well you've done and how you're getting on with your life since you were diagnosed 10 years ago.

If you'd like to be able to help by sharing your experiences with others who are dealing with thyroid cancer could I suggest that you join that group. Clicking on the link I've created will take you to that group where you just need to click on 'join this group'. Once you've done that you can respond to existing posts by choosing 'Reply' or start your own post and introduce yourself to the group after selecting 'start a discussion'.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Thanks for offering to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello and welcome to the community. Good to know you are getting on with life after what you have been through. We have a couple of groups here that may be of interest to you. We have the Thyroid Group where you may be able to help others with your experiences. We also have the Life after cancer group where you will find others whose lives have been changed with cancer. Click the links to get to the groups and have a look. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?