No treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 38 replies
  • 47 subscribers

AHad a letter from Onocoligy looks like that’s it. I asked about trials and they say not any trails going on.Is it worth getting a second opinion or am I wasting my time?

They are ringing the end of this month so I have time to think what to do.Any advice would be helpful.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peggy, so so sorry,  I was only thinking about you the other day as haven't heard anything from you and then this, it's always worth getting a second opinion if you're not happy, I was told trials should start again next year, so maybe your oncologist just meant no trials at the moment? .

Anyway it's nice that you're back on line, I hope that within yourself you are feeling well, as my Dr said last Friday alot of the time they go by how your feeling and how your energy levels are etc, so keep strong and stay positive.

xx

• Hello Peggy24  , if you can get a second opinion without jumping through hoops I think you should. Can anyone else help you with this, do the phone calls etc, and take some of the pressure off? Otherwise fully agree with Devon cat's take on this. Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Deon cat and Norberry

I was alright until I seen it in writing.I just won’t to make sure there’s nothing else.

She is ringing me the end of this month so  I will see what she has to say.It will give my body a bit of a rest and perhaps 

it will help.I fell ok mostly problems with my legs swelling o water tablets now which is helped.

mind my breathing is worse so not so good.Other than that I’m fine.xx

• It is always worth asking for a second opinion but good if you have a doctor in mind you would like To be referred to. If you can do your research and see if youncan find options for you and your sort of cancer.

I have approached my oncologist with doctors names and drugs I would like to try and he has been very receptive and got them for me.

Ruth 

Ruth 

• Peggy24,     

I've got to say, with Ruth and Devon cat's advice you can't go wrong. I wish they were in charge of my treatment!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Thanks Ruth

Did you do it through your Gp.Hibiscus

• I discussed it directly with my oncologist at our appointments 

Ruth 

• Hi Peggy 

If you can ask for a second opinion, go for it. When I was turned down for a back operation my surgeon said he would arrange for a second opinion in case a new set of eyes would notice something he may have missed if I wanted so I had the second opinion, same decision. Then after a year or so my GP arranged for a third opinion and I got that, unfortunately same decision. Can sit now and think that I certainly tried! 

Go for it.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thanks tv man more 

Thats It I cant just sit and say that’s it.I have to try not sure if there is anything at the moment.I asked about trials and she said there’s nothing going at the moment so I will wait till she rings and ask her more.At the time it was hard to take in even though I kind of knew it wasn’t going to be good.I have had time to think now so onwards and upwards has Darlo use to say. at least my brain scan was alright.

• Hello Peggy, I have been wondering how you were getting on as I had not seen you on here. I am sorry to hear your news but as others have said it is always worth getting a second opinion for your own peace of mind. I hope that something turns up for you regarding further treatment. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you,

Try to stay strong and positive, Georgette x