Last resort

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I have been advised I am at end of roads with no further treatment available. Crying all the time and don’t know what to do for the best. Any advice welcome and sympathy makes me worse, what a dire place to be, can’t get about much but don’t want to waste time.  Help, I am drowning!!!

• Thanks Annette, thanks for the book info, and really glad you had a great day, and by the sound of it lots of practise skimming stones. 

Take care KT

• Hi ,

I'm so sorry to hear your news.  I knew that you had been struggling a bit recently and should have got in touch earlier.  I think that the only advice that I can offer is the obvious one of suggesting that as much as possible you live in the moment.  I know it is very difficult at the moment and especially as given where you live I suspect you are under tier 3 restrictions.  Although no treatment is available it does not mean that you will immediately deteriorate.  Enjoy your time with your family, even if it is over facetime or zoom.  Give yourself whatever treats you can manage.  Crying is a natural response and you shouldn't worry about that, the people who care for you will not worry if you burst into tears and in some ways it helps to get everything out.

I'm afraid that I have been ill with a bad cold and lost at least one day and have a few other medical issues going on so have only seen your post today or I would have answered earlier.  I was thinking of you yesterday as I received a text from Maggie advising me that Dizzie-wh had died and I was thinking of the day that I met both you and Diz.  We both attended one of the London meet ups on the boat and as I walked on board I was grabbed by Diz so that she could tick me off her list and write me a name tag.  You and I then sat together for the rest of the afternoon chatting.  That is when we both bemoaned the lack of a meet up nearer where we lived and I started to organise the York meet ups and I have enjoyed meeting you and Stuart at several of these since.

I have no experience of the hospice services although I understand that they are very good.  I have talked to the Macmillan helpline and can highly recommend them. Don't forget about your GP for someone one you can talk to who may be able to offer practical solutions as well as understanding of your situation.  I talked to Daloni fairly frequently until she started to get tired all the time then I just used to text her so she could answer if she wanted and I know that she continued to find pleasure in the small things, getting into the fresh air, talking to her friends, enjoying a meal and spending what time she could with her family.  It seemed like an approach that worked for her.

It would be lovely if you want to call me anytime for a chat or to have a text conversation if that is easier.  It would be great to hear from you again.

Sending all my love and big hugs to you and your family,

Gragon xx