Holiday

• 5 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi gang,

just to say I had a shock yesterday when I had an email saying my flight was cancelled to Kefalonia.

eventually I was able to rebook and we are all going 3 days later.

i have had to pay twice but should get the first lot of money back. They are sending me a credit note which takes 3 days to arrive.

I had arranged for the palliative care doctor to write a letter saying I was prescribed morphine. Now she will have to rewrite it with the new dates.

such a fuss getting all my tablets organised to take with me.

good news my urine protein is down from +3 to a trace I am feeling so much better. Long may it continue.

love to everyone 

Ruth xxx

• Hi Ruth

Glad your feeling a lot better. So glad you are still getting your holiday, nice to get away enjoy.

Take Care Elliexx

• Hi Ruth 

So glad you were able to rebook your holiday and I hope you have a great time. The airline is supposed to refund you the money, not give you a credit note. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but will you have the opportunity to use a credit note? There has been many a discussion about credit notes being issued by an airline when the law states they must refund you when they cancel a flight. I'm glad you are feeling much better, long may it continue! 

When my problem began and I was flying once a month over to Stansted to see our daughter, I sometimes forgot to bring all or most of my medications and my son had to send them in the post, by 'Guaranteed next day delivery'. Thank goodness for the post office!

Have a great time, when do you go? I'm glad I was of help to you regarding explaining to your husband. When you thanked me I swelled with pride.

Take care and stay safe Ruth.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • We go on September 6th provided this flight doesn’t get cancelled. I think there are too few  passengers which is why they cancel some flights.

i do hope we can go and get some sunshine and swim in the sea.

It is very quiet where we go and we can eat outside in the tavernas.

thank you again for helping me out I think he is looking forward to the holiday as well now.

Ruth xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth 

The place you're going to sounds idyllic, it has it all, sunshine, swimming in the sea and tavernas to eat outside at. 

I'm glad your husband is understanding and he's more relaxed. Any time Ruth, any time. 

Just a week before you go? I hope you get off for a lovely relaxing time and you have no health issues. I would love a break somewhere, I've only ever been to Corfu and Santorini when we were on a cruise. I loved the food and the wine. I'd just love a week on a sunny Greek island so you can let me know how you get on if you don't mind..

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thank you.

yes I will let you know how it goes xx

Ruth