Slow motion

• 4 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi friends Now that things are looking up with this covid restrictions I decided a wee fishing trip was in order so I booked a boat on a Loch 50 miles away that i have fished man and boy and was i up for this or what. Up at 6am sandwiches and flasks filled i set off with a spring in my step got on the boat and got on with my passion and thats fly fishing. 4 hours into an 8 hour session just casting a fly i never felt that i was using up much energy until I found myself flopped in the middle of the boat with not a bit energy left to even pull the cord to start the engine to get me to the boating station, all I could think of was to phone my wife to phone the boating station to tell the ballifs  my position on the Loch and the predicament I found myself in, towed back to the boating station to find a doctor had been called an was waiting to see me. The long and short of it I was so excited about finally getting fishing i had done everything as normal, packed bag, packed car, rods reels flys all tucked nicely in the boot  "but"  this over excited  numpty forgot to take his meds before he left the house that day, believe me when I tell you I felt a right kipper for causing such a fuss for everyone involved, grateful  for the help I donated a few pounds to a charity of the bailiffs  choice and it went to macmillan  so the day was not totally ruined.  I still feel a right dufuss  when I tell folks about it 

Loch

• We must be related Loch, properly amusing tale. I recognise that foolish behaviour from my own experiences. Get out there again with a couple of droppers.

• , oh no..what an end to what was supposed to be a great day.But try to see the funny side, you made some great memories Slight smile

Well that "forget Meds" thing must be a man thing..my hubby is same lol

Pet

PS i love fishing, could go every day

•   Hi Loch, What a great story! We all seem to do silly things at times and I blame it on the meds! You can't really do that when you forgot to take them!! Lol! Glad you got to safety in the end. Do they Really call them 'bailiffs'? I always thought they were people who retrieved debts!!

Better luck next time and before you leave home, ask your wife to do a check list with you to make sure you have everything you need! I do that with my husband and he always says "yes, I have everything I need, I don't need checking on". The last time, just after he left there was a knock on the door, I opened it to find him standing there with a sheepish look! He had lifted My car keys instead of His car keys!!! So I've jokingly added that to his checklist!

I can't seem to work out why I haven't chatted to you before now. I have just read your profile and I also go to the Beatson! I live in Bishopbriggs. I was told I had 5-7 months (in 2013) and took part in a trial for a Target Drug and am still here! The immunotherapy drug trials started after mine. We are so very lucky!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi 

Oh my goodness, a man after my own title of Mr Forgetfulness! Once I forgot to pack most of my meds when I left home in Northern Ireland to go to my daughter's house in Peterborough. There are 14 items on my list for various health issues but none for forgetfulness unfortunately, at least not yet! I realised as I approached the airport which is 1 hour away from my home so I didn't have time to get back. My son had to post them guaranteed next day delivery. Luckily I had remembered my morphine tablets for pain.

Another time I managed to lock myself out of my house on a wet winter's day and in my pyjamas and slippers. I had to make my way to my brother in law's house about 200 yards away. Unfortunately the morphine tablets I mentioned previously are for a horrendously paínful back condition that has me in a wheelchair for the last 4 years. My brother in law doesn't have a key to mine therefore he kindly took me to the school where my wife works, 10 miles away! Most people here will remember that one. 

I'm getting quite forgetful these days, I'm in the early days of dementia. I'm getting to be hard work for my wife and son who live with me.

Take care and stay safe Loch

Tvman

Love life and family.