Living my best life

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Trying to live my life best i can diagnosed with 3 tumours in my spine in August... They do impact on my life but ive decided to not have treatment & live.... Waited so long to go on holidays & travDisappointed relieved now ive the time to go no insurance company will touch me feel so dissapointed & low Disappointed relieved

• Hi

So sorry you find your self in this position. Your profile says you feel lonely, but you will find support on this forum from a host of lovely people who also know what it is to find themselves here in this group of incurables. Travelling in this year of the plague is really difficult anyway, and to have the double whammy of an incurable diagnosis and covid is awful for you.I hope you can find a way to at least do some limited travelling in the Uk ( assuming you are in the UK). I know the weather is not the best, but we still have lovely places and some places, like the sea and mountains can offer solace and perspective. Or, I should say, they do for me. Hope you can find a way to have some adventures.

xx

• Hi , I’m sorry you felt low when you posted the other day. I’m more often in the melanoma group than here and remember one of the members there posted how she and her husband were disappointed about not going on holiday during lock down and they had a whole weekend simulating a holiday in Spain I think it was, dancing listening to music, cooking to keep in with the theme and dressing for dinner. I thought how wonderful.

The other year I was feeling disappointed that I hadn’t planned a big holiday for my 60th but I was feeling equally realistically that going to Japan where one of my daughters lives wasn’t going to happen. It was going to be when the leaves were turning so I asked for and got some great suggestions for places in the U.K. there there are great displays and areas to walk through woods. A week in Norfolk wasn’t the same but I could tick off some substitute experiences in the countryside, face time my daughter and she came over at Xmas instead. 

Where were you thinking of going to ? 

Take care KT

•  Hi Tez and welcome to the Incouragables!!! I too went to read your profile page but there's not a lot of info there. Do you feel lonely because you live alone or because of the diagnosis you don't know who to talk to? I hadn't seen your post before now or I would have replied earlier, sorry.

I noticed asked where you were thinking of going on holiday! That would have been my question also and who were you going with? I see you have not replied yet! When I was first diagnosed, The first 10 or so Travel Insurance companies I tried wouldn't entertain me and that was well before Covid! On my 12th try, I phoned MIA insurance and got cover but it all depends on where! They only do Europe! There is a group called Travel Insurance Group so maybe if you type that into the search box above, you will get some ideas. My husband and I love our holidays and short breaks, we have had to cancel 3 this year. I really don't mind if we go abroad or stay in the UK to me it's the getting away that matters. I love the sea, so anywhere that is the seaside suits me!

Please get back to us and let us know what you had planned! If you give this group a chance, you'll find you won't be as lonely in future!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi

Is insurance essential? In the UK there is the EHIC card which covers you for emergency medical care in Europe. I just use that and visit Spain without problem (when Covid was not around).. There is also a forum on here for travel insurance for cancer sufferers I believe. Others have managed to get it if you feel it is essential.  

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky