SORRY TO BRING SAD NEWS!

• 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I am so sad to have to tell you that (  )  MAX passed away on Tuesday 7th July. Max had sent me a message to say she felt she hadn't long and was at the end. I replied, Max replied back then the next day, she was taken into her local hospital (not Dorothy House she had been in contact with) and went into a coma the next day for 5 days before dying. Her partner of 31 years and the eldest of her two sons were with her and said there was no pain and she passed away peacefully.

Max was diagnosed Dec17 when she had lymph nodes and her right breast removed. In Dec19 Max was dx stage 4 and joined this Group in Jan20, she was a lovely, caring lady with a great sense of humour. Max asked me in her message to thank each and everyone whom she had contact with and said this Group especially helped her cope. I have to give a special mention to ,  and  who gave her extra support and friendship. Also to tell everyone to keep fighting!

Her partner asked if I would thank you on his behalf and if I could tell you the news. He is devastated and said his world has crashed around him. He couldn't find the strength to write another sad message.

There's now another bright star in the sky! Farewell Max.

Take care everyone!
Love Annette
Ps
It has just taken me 90 minutes plus to send this. If it posts twice I apologise!

Sent via my iPad!
  • Hi again, Gragon kindly contacted me by pm to let me know bits were missing from the above post. It wont allow me to edit it so here are the corrections.

MAX'S username is madmomma.  The special people she mentioned were Ktathome, Daloni and Tvman.

I didnt think it had posted at all because I couldnt see it at first so i emailed a copy to Admin but it came back with a FAILURE TO SEND NOTICE!

Now I am going to try to get some sleep and there is light in the sky here, although it is raining.

Thanks Gragon

Love Annette x

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Thank you for posting this sad news. It’s part and parcel of being part of this unique community that we lose people from time to time. 

Max was not with us for long. I had no idea how close to the end she was. I certainly couldn’t tell from her upbeat posts that she had so little time left. I think that’s a tribute to her. She will be missed. 

xx

• Hello Annette,

From what you had said I thought it was madmomma and I am sorry that you have confirmed this.  As said I also was not aware that she was close to the end.  She came across as a positive person who was very supportive of others on the site.

My thoughts are with her and her family.

Gragon xx

• Hi Annette

I've only just come across this, Max

clearly thought a lot of you when she asked her partner to contact you following her death.

She was a real character and as says she wasn't with us long but you wouldn't have thought so when she was calling people darling or him. I loved that. 

Then she told the story about when she was at school and the teacher threw a blackboard duster at her and the red mist came down when she caught it and the teacher got it on the back of the head and knocked his head forward to bang his nose. 

I'm so sad to hear that we have lost another friend.

Take care and stay safe Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thank you Annette, for passing along this kind message from madmomma its such a shame it had to accompanied by the sad news as well. I remember madmomma mostly from the melanoma group, and it saddens me to hear how quickly things changed for her. I only read this tonight, it’s reminding me how fickle our cancer is, (and a few other words). 

Take care

Take care KT