sweats

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi   everyone  I am on tamoxifen 20mg once a week to control my hormone sweats unfortunately  they don't work  my GP contacted my consultant to see what else was available and he come back with 37,5  veniablue XL which is an antidepressant on reading cant see how it can help my sweats which on average are 2 hourly anyone's thoughts seems they give out antidepressants for anything these days

• , Hi Jim!

Yes my doc did try to with antidep... but after a month i did give it up, is did not work for me and made me feel a bit weird!!

At the beginning they said it comes from my menopause, but later on we discovered it it's my Thyroids doing that, so with meds it was nearly gone for a year but it's back now, like you nearly every hour and excessive during the night..

But why not give it a try? It works for some ppl.

Good luck, Pet

• Hello Jim788. I was prescribed Provera, killed the sweats stone dead. Might be worth a go? Good luck.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Thanks for you reply how have you coped with side effects If any ?

• I'm nearly three years post chemo and radio. Just tired from the zoladex, no sweats makes a hell of a difference as I hope you will discover. Cheers.

• No side effects at all from the Provera.

• Hi Jim

I take Letrazole daily which causes the sweats, I am 62years old and alredy passed the menopause, then had sweats perfusely 10 yearsago while on arimadex,now with metatastic disease, i'm experiencing the sweats again, however i have found Chillows quite helpful. these are gel filled pillows that are cool. I have a large one on my bed and i keep a smaller one for when i am relaxing watching TV.

x  

After 10 years cancer free, i have now been diagnosed with a recurrence of my reast cancer which has spread to my lungs and bones. This came as a terrible shock as I had no symptoms althogh I have a muscuar dystrophy which was giving me cause for concern. I was eperiencing increased difficulty swallowing and shortness of breath leading to a CT scan which showed a suspicious lesion and further inestigation led to my current diagnosis. I have been commenced on targeted therapy and due to have injections after seeing my dentist for a check up and any necessary treatment. in the current time with corona virus it is not easy to get dental treatment. I have a dental problem needing treatment. I have a loose filling and a break in the same tooth. I managed to get a check up but my dentist cannot perform the relevant treatment. I am currently waiting for a call to determin how I can get the treatment done. 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to biddy51

Thanks for your reply  been  going to bed with  a chilled pillow  for a few days now not quite sure yet seems my sweats have been reduced during the night unfortunately  still having  at least one having one now have decided not to take the antidepressant prescribed by my gp seem to have trouble typing  on this site is it the site or my laptop?