Pain relief

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi everybody, been getting lots of pain especially in my lower tummy area dont know if its because my biopsy but that was 2 weeks ago my oncologist was not very helpful only wanted to know if I was getting pain from my liver he told me to ask my doctors long story but don't trust them entirely they have not asked any questions when I ask for more tramadol but boy that stuff is so strong it makes me feel strange I go for my results tomorrow so maybe the gynecologist can give me some advice on pain relief I worry what I take might not be doing my liver any good x

• Hi Charlotte Louise,

I am sorry that you find yourself here & hope that when you see the Gynacologist today that you can get the current pain resolved.

I have had two biopsies recently the first one I had a lot of pain with,but the second one that was guided by a CT scan I had no trouble with.

Take care & let us know how you get on.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

hi and thank you for you advice hopefully the pain is normal its tomorrow when i see the gynecologist i have chemo in the morning then the gynecologist app in the afternoon not a perfect day to go but am really anxious about getting the results so will have to manage you sound like you have had a tough time too so keep me updated on whats happening with you and you take care too x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hiya hope you are OK and not feeling too bad, well wemt to see the gynecologist yesterday unfortunately they could not get a result from the biopsy they did so now I will be having another one but under a general anastestic could be waiting for my app for 8 weeks as he said they have a back log of cancer app plus I will have to totally self isolate 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after which means I will have to miss 1 or maybe 2 of my chemo sessions thats if my oncologist agrees that they can do  that I have also signed the consent forms because if its not done whatever cancer is down there is just gunna spread am already starting to worry that could happen while I am waiting for my appointment the one thing I hate is waiting am sure you can all agree with me on that x

• FormerMember

Hi

I think we can all agree that waiting is the worst. How frustrating to have to do the biopsy all over again. 

I also think anxiety plays into pain. Why don’t you take some time during this wait to work on your anxiety? I find meditation very helpful for managing my anxiety. It helps me to uncouple the anxious thoughts I have from anxious feelings in my body - tight shoulders, gritted teeth. It helps me get off the hamster wheel where thoughts and feelings reinforce each other. 

xx

• FormerMember

It is very frustrating go for results and dont get any, its strange that you have mentioned meditation have tried it on and off in the past even before I got poorly and have been thinking and looking recently am just not sure which app is the best to download or which ones are free any suggestions, and thats a good way to describe theses feelings as you said hamster wheel xx

• Hi Charlotte,

I hope the biopsy is successful for you. I just had a local anaesthetic when i had the guided biopsy with a CT scan. I did not really feel anything & found it was much quicker than the first one.

Today I have had a CT scan, when I arrived home from that i had a phone call to say, that I was to go to the hospital,for 2.30pm to see a Dr on the medical day unit, where they are going to look at the fluid on my lung which is making me breathless. I go for blood tests tomorrow, followed by chemo on Friday 26th.

I have spent more time going to the hospital recently than I have ever done in the whole of my life.

Good luck with the next biopsy.Let me know how it goes.

Take care, Georgette x