The Homecoming

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 83 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi! 

I feel like it’s time to change the record. Thank you, my lovely friends, for the sympathy, the laughs and the silliness in the bad news discussion. But it’s time! I’ve got the green light from the consultant to go home. Onwards and upwards. 

The next steps for me are managing the transition in the pain control and getting some R&R. I expect a phone call from my consultant oncologist today to talk about a course of palliative chemo. It’s not something I’m looking forward to but if she believes it will bring more good than harm I’ll go with it. 

I’ll stop now. I’m very tired and poking thud tiny little phone keyboard is doing my head in 

My love to you all. I wish you peace and comfort 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni

well done you .  Sorry you are under slept but despite that you have done remarkable things. I send you love and affection. Xx

• Annette

I never entered that convo about the chocolate. Believe it or not, I still have half an Easter egg in the cupboard. My wife bought it and she knows she'll get some. Other years my Easter egg(s) sit for months until I get asked to allow the family to eat them. 

I used to eat chocolate bar(s) as I drove around in the mornings and then I had a heart attack. There is heart disease in my family and my doctor told me I still have an amount of heart disease. After I left hospital 8 years ago I lost 1½ stones solely through healthy eating and I was miserable. I examined the ingredients and paid particular attention to the amount of saturated fats. 20g per day is the maximum you should take. Honestly, the weight dropped off. My wife used to look at me driving the car and say I didn't look the same any more! 

Chocolate has a lot of saturated fats and if I knew a friend or their spouse was eating too much saturated fats I would tell them how the nurse explained to us about our eating habits and saturated fats and how our arteries get congested. I was lucky, very lucky. I had been for a test to show my arteries and the hospital cardiologist came over to me and said there was a bed for me, I needed to be in hospital! In the early hours of the next morning I had a heart attack. The main artery in the left hand side of my heart needed stenting. It's given the grand name of left anterior descending (LAD) and the nickname widow maker! I was very lucky.

That's a little story I would tell a friend because I care for them and their spouse.

Now I'm going out to do some digging to get another bed in. I will take 2 or 3 days because I'll have to have a lot of sit downs to let my back recover.

Enjoy the rest of your day friends

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you . I think they are kind of cute, with the little carry bag and all 

xx