Feeling depressed and lonely

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everybody since yesterday I cant stop beeing anxious and crying after i have seen in the news cancer treatment beeing delayed or cancelled.I am on chemo break till 17.4 but i am dreading from every phone call

When my hubby calls i think its a hospital

I dont know how to cope with the situation also have my lymphoedema clinic cancelled and I have no support whatsoever regarding my painful right arm. I dont know how to wake up every morning knowing that without treatment i wont be here longer and if the tumors start growimg i have to start from 0 again.My husband doesn't listen to me when i am crying he said i am making him more stressed

I keep thinking i rather to pass away from virus then to cope with a painful and slow death from cancer.I used to be such a positive person,not anymore.

This nhs sending me letter saying what to do and what not to do but I am really annoyed they should make sure everybody gets the treatment.

I really dont know how to cope with it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

good luck with your scan results, it’s such a tough time at the moment but I hope they show some stability to allow you to carry on treatment xxx

I feel your pain and anger, I really do, it feels like we are living in catastrophic times and are getting lost in the chaos. I signed a consent form for a clinical trial before they were all stopped. In the olden days I would be on treatment by now.  But the reality is I am waiting for a phone call from the hospital to come in, still at the screening stage and when I call the hospital everything is in chaos.  Meanwhile my already advanced cancer progresses and I suspect the treatment will not happen.

i try to be accepting of this, as tinalay says the nhs has kept me alive for 2 years with excellent treatment and I am feel we are reall in unprecedented times.  Perhaps because I knew my cancer was always terminal for me, it helps a wee bit to accept that the nhs won’t pull through and save me this time!

I do admire your fight to keep going, and hope your chemo restarts as expected.....stop reading about Coronavirus etc, it doesn’t help.

sending you a lot of love and positivity for good treatment for you ahead, heather xxxx