New to the group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 42 subscribers

i had time to travel and visit people now we have corona virus and on the news they say it could be around for a year so all my hopes of doing anything have been shelved now ive spent most of the last 5 months indoors and it looks like a while till i get out again its so scary i fought so hard and the corona virus might put an end to my life sooner it makes me wonder if i should bother getting anymore treatment now... im 60 at the end of the month now wondering if i will see 61 sorry just having a bad day

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi  

I'm so sorry your party has been cancelled. It makes such a difference having things to look forward to, but as others have said and things escalate, you're in a very high risk category while you're having chemo so it's absolutely the safest option for you and your guests.

On Monday my nieces wedding this Saturday was cancelled. My son is picking up the wedding cake and taking it to a group who feed homeless and vulnerable people in the area. 

As said, all the fun things. We've cancelled a family reunion in Scotland at Easter and a weekend in Amsterdam in May, and like you I have a terminal diagnosis...I've given myself a couple of days to regroup.

I'm hoping as the weather improves to spend as much time as possible outside. From this minute on will say 'postponed' instead of 'cancelled' and do my very best to stay as well as possible for as long as possible. 

Keep your chins up! Wink

xx