Coronavirus

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I'm going near nobody, going to become very anti social, oh wait, I already do that! At least I have an excuse now lol

• Well, at least we got Tom Hanks in quarantine here in Aus now Slight smile

• Hi  Oh why do you need an excuse, surely you can do whatever you wish, virus or not. Although I'm sure a lot of us know how you feel. I just get so tired quickly these days and with the weather the way it is, that doesn't help! However, the nights are getting lighter, the daffodils are about to bow their heads and flower and there is a hint of leaves on the trees! Spring is in the air! It's just a bit colder than it should be! We had snow this morning!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi 

The daffs are already out in the south. It’s joyous to see them. I had a picnic on a bench in the woods on Tuesday. The sun was shining and it felt like the first day of spring. 

I must say I’m fed up with this coronavirus. All the fun things are being cancelled. My daughter was due to go on a cultural exchange to Uganda in April and that’s been cancelled. Just one of an increasing list.  Peoples are acting like idiots in the shops too. 

Stay well, ! 

xx

• FormerMember

Hello

It was a tongue in cheek comment. I'm still out and about and currently at our static in the Lake District.

Ellie x

• Hi , Phew, I'm so relieved, I was worrying about you! I thought it might have been the start of depression or something! Sorry, I think with what's been happening recently, my sense of humour, (which is usually good and keeps me going) left me for a while there! The Lake District is a beautiful place at any time of year. My friend and I used to go on walking holidays there on a regular basis. Now it takes an effort to walk to the car, in the driveway, even with my elbow crutches! Have you seen any snowdrops yet? We used to buy them "in the green" when we were there! Enjoy!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Hello Anndanv

We are over near Cartmel. I walk the dog but that's as much as I can manage these days, short flat walks. Although, i can manage a trip to the cafe.  Lots of daffodils, crocus and snowdrops. Love being in our static, so peaceful and calming. Take care 

Ellie x

• Visited Cartmel last weekend and it's lovely! I have been looking for a static since I was diagnosed - I have a small amount of house deposit cash, but I guess I will never get a mortgage now, so it seems the best use of the money. Can't even spend it on holidays until this virus runs it's course!

Hope everyone is keeping safe x

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Hi Flowerlady 

We bought at Old Park Wood which is about 10-15 mins drive away. It's a lovely private site, which is only owner occupied, might be worth a look for you. We found it by accident and this is our second season here. After I was diagnosed I decided I didnt want to travel abroad any more. We looked at five sites before we chose this one and have never regretted it. If I can help in any way please let me know.

Take care x

Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

I have just booked a weekend at a lodge in Norfolk Briads with a hot tub. My daughter was supposed to be in Uganda that weekend on a cultural exchange organised by her school    but corona has kyboshed that trip, like so many others. I just hope we make it! 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

We’ve booked a holiday rental in Warwickshire next month. Daughter and granddaughter were planning to come for a few days and I was really looking forward to it. Guess it won’t happen now with the damned virus. I know the whole population is in the same boat but I think most of us on here take any chance to snatch a good experience hen we can so it’s doubly disappointing when it doesn’t happen.