Have a Laugh at my Week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 43 subscribers

So I know we are serious on here sharing our experiences & seeking advice but thought I would share some of my week 2 give u all a laugh!

Wednesday: my dressing gown belt dangled into the loo (yes as I utilised said item),the I turned the shower knob the wrong way & got sprayed unexpectedly in the face by the little shower head also soaking my beanie hat & lymphedema sleeve. Then 2 finish that day I managed 2 step in dog poo as I did the tidying of the grass b4 heading 2 work - whilst wearing my boots that had lots of grooves on the sole so needed a heck of a lot of scrubbing....aagghhh

Friday: in addition 2 my chemo being deferred due 2 c*** bloods. I dropped a large Yankee candle whilst in Boots & yes it smashed into smithereens- could I find any staff 2 report it 2? Nope. Round & round I wandered. Thankfully I didn't have 2 pay 4 it. Then I set the alarms off in TKMaxx - could I find a staff member? Nope. Like the Marie Celeste.

Today has been better. Just need 2 get through Sunday. Wish me luck gang.

WB xx

• Hi

If I can get my eye and nostrils to stop streaming, I'm going to sleep -.with a smile on my face Slight smile

Lucky you noticed it and didn't leave your mark all round the library lol. Can I give you a little piece of advice? Stay at home on Sunday, and don't wear clothes with dangly bits especially when going to the loo! You'll check for dangling items forever, just as I hold my house keys in front of my face every time I lock the inside front door on my way out of the house. 

Have a lovely day WB

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Well, all i can say its....isn't life fun Slight smile, thanks for giving me a smile and to know i'm not alone like that in the world.

• Oh I needed this glad to hear that I am not the only one that has things like this happens to Thank you you have given me my first laugh of the day xxx

Flippen
  • Oh I needed this glad to hear its just not me that has days like this Thank you for posting this it's given me my first laugh of the day it's really cheered me up xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Speaking of keys 21 years ago I left home on the train 2 Glasgow 4 a weekend's training course waving goodbye 2 my hubbie & 6 month old daughter. Wot I failed 2 realise was I had both sets of house keys & they were stranded outside with no means of entry, no milk or nappies 4 baby (& new double glazing just installed do couldntbbresk a window). This was in days b4 we left spare keys with neighbours & b4 we had mobile phone as standard. Only realised my error when the train guard came & shouted my name along the carriages. Thankfully we were just approaching Aberdeen so keys were despatched on the returning train & hubbie & friends had nipped 2 supermarket b4 it closed (yes the days b4 24hr opening) 4 milk & bottles.

2 say I was slightly embarrassed was an understatement- hubbie always shouts "keys" at me when we leave know...

May this add 2 everyone's opinion that I'm a bit ditzy sometimes (& currently I'm not even blonde!!)

Ciao peeps

WB xx

• Hi

My heart leapt into my mouth, glad your husband had the ingenuity to contact the train company, I think we were more resourceful in those days.

I was giving my parents a lift to Belfast docks to catch the boat to Heysham and then the train to Blackpool. Home to boat was a 20 minute drive.

Half way there my dad turned round to my mum "Have you got the tickets? he asked. "No, I thought you had them" she said. 

And so I turned the car round and headed foi home whilst a discussion come argument began where one blamed the other, my dad was sure he had given her them, my mum said he didn't and so on. We were just a few minutes from home and my mum said "All I have are these vouchers", so he turned around and looked at them, shook his head in despair and said "That's them".

Another about turn and just reached the docks in time for the sailing. That story kept us amused for many years, even after my dad's death we laughed at the story. My Mum died from lung cancer a few years ago and I occasionally think about it. Thanks WB, you are responsible for a smile when I think about your journey and another smile when I think about my journey Slight smile

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Its Phil, I remember this event so well. We even thought about breaking a window at one point. As I'm sure Lara said I had no money on me, baby needed changed and fed....the memories