Hospital Appointment.....

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I have a hospital appointment today to discuss my treatment plan. I decided 6 weeks ago to try immunotherapy and have had one infusion. I hit a really low point afterwards and stated I didn't want to carry on with it. However a few weeks later I had another change of heart and decided to give it my best shot. Has anyone tried immunotherapy and if yes how successful was it?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hi hellles  belles 

it must have been lovely to have a person around with you,I remember when I use to work my husband would go away and I would think great do what I wont or watch what I like  but I got so lonely.We have a lovely I haven’t been  but decided to see a  counsellor again in January.i was always very shy when younger and I wondered how I would be able to talk to her.any way she help me realise I need to move on about a few thichristmas is always a funny times,like you I kept thinking willl I be here next year.i guess we have new year now to look forward to let’s hope we will be here next year.

take care I will speak again soon.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

The carer from Dorothy House sounds wonderful. It sounds as though you finally felt safe. Did you sleep any better or was it just a more comfortable night? 

I was struck by your comments about being a retired clinical psychologist. I’m a former health and health policy journalist and in my career I’ve written extensively about the hospice movement, about grief, death and dying, about the NHS and cancer services. In short, about the world I inhabit now. I realised early on that knowing about something in theory is quite different to experiencing it in life. I also learned that just because I knew what the likely cycle of emotions would be, that didn’t mean I would be excused feeling them. Am I making sense? 

For example, I had interviewed cancer nurses about how people often feel down at the end of treatment and that’s the time they often need psychological help. When exactly that happened to me, I was quite annoyed if I’m honest. I felt as though I should be exempt because I knew about it. Crazy, I know. But there you have it. 

Does any of this sound familiar? 

Your pain roller coaster made me smile. Not the pain bit, obviously, but the idea of the woohoos as you ride it. Personally I try to keep things as steady state as possible using the lowest dose I can. I’m on a morphine-type drug, buprenorphine, administered via a patch that I change weekly plus pregabalin. I’m feeling a bit groggy today but that could be the start of a cold. 

I do hope you’re ok for round 2 this week. 

I am not sure who your reply was aimed at. Is it all of our messages you look forward to? I hope enough people have replied here for you to trust that someone is always listening 

xx

• Hi  Oh I was so pleased to read about your overnight companion! I wonder did you contact your GP or did the Dorothy House people contact you first?  It just goes to show that no matter what you do and how good you are at helping others through the things that happen in life, you never really know how people are feeling until you experience it for yourself. We are all on this roller coaster, we didn't choose to be on it but now we are on it, we do our best to cope. The fact that the others here just "get it" I think makes us kindred spirits!

Have they said if it will be the same person who will come twice a week or two people who come regularly on the same night once a week each? It would be nice for you to be able to get to know them, rather than have a different person every time! I'm so pleased you obviously felt safer with someone in the house! I do hope you are well enough to go for your second treatment on Thursday and it starts to work its magic for you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi helles belle# 

i think I might start on the garden next the grass haven’t been done since Spain in September 

i did tidy out my ward robes honestly the things I keep my Hubble is a bit of a clepto so got my then if I can some painting but I was having trouble with my legs swellling so we will have to see.

anway take care I am rambling on.