Pain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Just so fed up and getting worried, lower back and left hand side body extreme pain, oxycodone, heat pads ibuprofen gel not helping,been like it over a week now, blamed a change in source of leterazol at first but changed that and made no difference. Dont want to worry family but just so fed up and its middle of night again, just want sleep 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

dear I’m so sorry to hear you are in pain, it is demoralising when despite your very best efforts you don’t seem able to get on top of it. That’s why it’s important not to suffer in silence, it’s time to raise the issue with your consultant. I have blood cancer and I know people who are on the same drugs as me who have completely different side effects and I always encourage them to raise the issue as things can be tweaked and advice on pain relief can be tailored more to the individual. How long have you been living with breast cancer ? People underestimate the strain of living with a treatable but incurable disease and expect you to just get on with things, but it’s not quite as simple as that, and you deserve to treated with compassion and understanding.

• Hi

I know just how you feel regarding pain and being awake through the night. There are a few others here like that too, suffering pain, only thing for me would be to be zonked out. I have a back problem that means I am a wheelchair user and I can't stand or walk much, if at all.

You will get a lot of support here, what's your cancer, I haven't looked at your profile, I started this and don't want to leave it in case I lose it.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Oh I feel your pain. Well actually I feel my own pain so I guess what I’m ready saying is that I feel sympathy for you in yours. 

I have a tumour that’s breached the wall of a big blood vessel in my pelvic area and extended into the renal blood supply so the kidney is completely blocked and is swollen with fluid, tumour and blood clot. I looked at my scans a couple of weeks ago and where the left kidney appeared the size of a walnut, the right was the size of my fist. I can see and feel it through my skin now, like a tennis ball just below my ribs. I am in pain. 

My GP is in charge of helping me with the pain. I use a butec (an artificial opioid) patch that I change once a week and top up with oxycodone tablets. I find it’s best to keep on top of the pain by taking pain killers before it gets too bad rather than reacting to it. So currently I take a tablet an hour or so before going to bed along with a couple of paracetamol and then another oxycodone mid morning. I have to limit how long I stand and how far I walk. 

I don’t think you came here asking for advice. So I’ll just agree with you. I’m fed up too 

Yours in pained solidarity 

xxx

• Hi,

Daloni is right it helps to take the pain tablets regularly and take the strong one befoyou gomtomded because at night it can be worse.

i took OxyContin when I had a bad back and that was the only thing stopped me crying at night with the pain. I also took amitriptyline and gabapentin for the nerve pain but they take a few weeks to start working.

i now have headaches as my main pain and find taking simple analgesics regularly 4 times a day before the pain starts helps a lot.

Voltarol  gel prescribed by your doctor can be stronger than the ibuprofen gel.

love Ruth 

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear and

I am with you both.  Last week I was sent to Dermatology to look at my skin which is affected by my cancer treatment. Instead I was put into a exam room they want to do MOHS surgery even before they took a biopsy. After biopsy the gouge of the “shave” was so big in all spots that they’ve were effectively removed. Cannot feel anything and skin grew back looking normal. They still want to do surgery which can take as much as a 3”x4” crater in the skin for something that is not even there anymore. So I am also fed up like you guys.

I have asked for a second opinion and have put all thoughts of them off for Christmas. I plan to enjoy the holidays. Im Back in Hawaii and will start working on my Kauai tour for you guys. 

Do what’s best for you not other people. 

Love and Joy to all!

millie

• Smashing Millie , that's the spirit. Have a lovely Christmas, it's Christmas Day with us now, you'll be following in a few hours.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.