Early Christmas Gift

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support on earlier posts and share my news. 

I saw the oncologist today and after being told 2 weeks ago I had no chance of getting funding reinstated for my treatment. The news was good and I can pick up my meds tomorrow. After a 5 months break in which the liver Mets have been steadily growing it was deemed that my arguments did prove that the meds had been working and I should be allowed to continue on them. 

I know things could change at any time but for now I am returning to meds I was tolerating and they were shrinking the cancer. They may not be a cure but it is something and gives hope for longer. 

Here's to hope

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Wow! That’s fantastic news. I’m sorry you had to go through such a trying time with the wait and being told no. You really went through the mill with that. Let’s stay in the day and celebrate today’s news and take a sneaky squint at the future  and hope the drug works out its magic on the tumours again.
    lots of love

xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks as you say it has taken a while and I didn't think it would happen but I felt so good when I was told I just feel it is the right thing for me. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news,

Here's to shrinking tumours and bearable side-effects.

• FormerMember

Hi, That is great news, the fact that you know this works for you will encourage shrinking tumours even more I I'm a great believer in positive thought!! Well done for fighting on, I hope you have a peaceful Christmas while the tumours shrink!

Lots of love

Pat xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maz59, that is indeed good news & as u know on this site we will take anything that might give us a bit extra. 

Hope all goes well

WB xx

• FormerMember

Morning

That's great news, I'm over the moon for you. I can't imagine what it's like to be denied treatment that's working for you in this situation. I hope it will keep you as well as possible for as long as possible and you can look forward to happy times with family and friends xx

• Maz59

Great news, and power to you for fighting for it. Fingers crossed

Xx

Flowerlady x