M-J VERY SAD NEWS

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

i received this email on friday:

Hi Sue,        I hope you don’t mind me emailing you, it’s Margaret Haywood’s daughter I’ve been looking through her phone and noticed quite a few emails between the two of you. 

I just wanted to let you know that she sadly passed away on Saturday.  She was at home and luckily I was with her.        Kindest regards , Emma

I don’t think Emma  is aware of Margaret's exceptional contribution to so many of us here

Obviously I can only copy some of Margaret’s  replies to my posts

But if any of you care to  cut and paste  anything that particularly touched you, or just want to express your condolences I will pass them on immediately

Sue

• Hi Sue,

This is such very sad news. I greatly enjoyed my interactions with Margaret and I will very much miss the spirit she brought to this community. I learned a lot from her contributions for which I am very thankful. Please pass on my condolences to her daughter.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sue

I have no words, Margaret and i became friends by e mail as well. I did not know she was that poorly, its been a couple of weeks since i heard from her.

I have spent the last three weeks at hospital as hubby is palliative care and very poorly.

This has hit home. My thoughts are with all her family i have lost a friend and the moral support she gave me.

Take Care Ellie 

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Hi Sue, This is very sad news indeed. I knew Margaret ( M-J ) had a bad time and had lost a lot of weight but thought she had bounced back as usual.

Please let her family know she had been a member of the community for a very long time and was well loved!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Sue 

that is very sad news and please pass my condolences to Emma. 

M-J was a stalwart of this community and gave me and many others a lot of support at difficult times. She opened some tricky discussions about important issues and shared her own experiences in ways that helped me make sense of my own experiences. She also had a knack of seeing past the challenges she faced to find the pleasure in small things. This is typical M-J, written after she’d felt let down: 

“I stopped 'wallowing' as on my window cill was a sight to behold. Last week l planted some courgette seeds and not given them a thought and swear last night there were no shoots. Wow as if on cue this morning all the seeds have produced 3" stems and leaves. My anger gone due to the wonder of nature's healing ways. This afternoon l will need to repot and keep safe from the frosts. I am smiling as l write this and hope you too are enjoying nature's healing ways”

Yes, I’m remembering M-J with a smile. 

Xx