Back from the Cancer Centre in Toronto Canada

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 42 subscribers

hey everyone,

so i I went to Princess Margaret Cancer Center in Toronto, and was basically told the same thing as I was told by hematologist here. Even though I’m stage IV they wait for more symptoms before doing treatment. I felt again I wasn’t listened to and that the dr I saw was friends with my Hematologist back here.  I mentioned that I felt perhaps the cancer was slow growing in the beginning but believe it changed to more aggressive at some point since I went from two abnormal glands to multiple in a six month span. Well I had only been home a week and was doubled over in pain. My aunt brought me to the ER they did a CT scan and from my previous CT back in April I now have Multiple Vertebrae showing degenerative disease, progression of glands in my pelvic region, new glands in my back, and increasing size of lymph nodes in groin area. They report says that it raises concern of metastatic disease or lymphoma umm you think maybe I have “Mantle Cell lymphoma”.  I talked with my hematologist receptionist to see if she got the report and are they going to do anything as of yet. Supposedly the hematologist is discussion the situation with some other Dr. Please tell me they finally get it, that they will start treatment soon.  I hate this let’s wait for more how much more do they need to see? Until I’m paralyzed? Or That by the time they decide to treat it will be futile! I mean okay I want to wait until August 3rd now for the simple reason that’s my Wedding day!  But let’s have some direction! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

That sounds scary. I’m really sorry to hear what you’re going through. I’m not sure I have anything sensible to say about the situation. So I’ll stop with hang in there, August 3 is nearly here. 

Love and hugs xxx

• Hi ColeD74,

I have just read your post and just wanted to say I hope you have a great day on your upcoming wedding (only 3 days away) and afterwards, they sort out a treatment plan for you! Good luck and have a terrific day!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Anndanv, 

I’m very excited about the wedding. Spoke to hematologist nurse today and I guess my recent CT from Sunday showing the progression the hematologist has sent a copy of the report to Toronto. They will be discussing my case in August to determine if we start to move ahead with Treatment or keel me in a holding pattern. I seriously hope they decide a chemo regimen!

• Hi Cole, Surely you have some input also about the way forward? Anyway, wedding first, how exciting. Enjoy every minute of the day! My husband (and I was his assistant) before he semi retired was a photographer and we've been to dozens and dozens of weddings.         The most common thing that's said by the Brides and Grooms at the end of the day is "the day went so quickly"! So cherish it!             Then I hope you get the chemo you want! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi ColeD74,

I can’t offer advice but just read your post and wanting to gives you my best wishes and love on your, almost here, wedding day.

DiAne550 X

• Hi ,

I just wanted to wish you all the best for your wedding day tomorrow.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx