Meeting

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hello,

do people on here ever meet up or do they prefer just chatting online? I know it can be hard to get out and about with this illness just wondered 

• Hey Daisy, 

Yes, we meet up. There's a meet being organised in London for July or August. And we just had a couple in York, and I'm going to suggest one in Leeds once I'm a bit more sorted. 

Which part of the world are you in? 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

That’s good to know, I live in north wales on the border of chester 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

Do feel free to organise a meet up yourself. There will be a local volunteer team in your area who can help with balloons and stuff. There’s a tab somewhere on the website that says “in your area” and you should be able to get in touch via that route - or call the support line. 

I am in Kent and the chances of me making it to north wales are slim to vanishing, I’m afraid. I do feel a connection with the area though - it’s where my name originated. Daloni (I’m told) is from the Welsh for “my little sweetheart”

love 

• Hi ,

I've organised a couple of meet ups in York if you were thinking of organising one local to you.  I'm happy to discuss what I did if you wanted to have a chat although different people have organised different types of meet ups.  PM me and I'll send you my contact details.

Chester is a place I've wanted to visit for a while so if you did organise one in the area I would certainly try to attend and I could incorporate a visit to Chester at the same time.

All the best,

Gragon xx