FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 42 subscribers

June ?

Early July ?

Any day of the week ………… 

Probably the same boat venue as before – but open to suggestions

Let me know if you are interested “Alive” “Gragon” and “Dizzie-wh” are usually  on board

Family and friends welcome - pass it on to your other groups

Sue

• Hi / Sue,

I'm certainly up for it appointments permitting.

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Oh yes!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Skaila/Sue

Yes l would be interested in a meet up in London. I am assuming boat venue is on the Thames? 

Have appts coming up the next couple of weeks so late June early July preferable. 

Would a Saturday be considered? Just being practical as no time restrictions on trains and no afternoon rush hour where you can stand on the Kent trains for over an hour which l couldn't do now.

Thanks for suggesting a meet up x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

what a lovely idea!

The boat we used before is on the Thames, just near Macmillan HQ between Vauxhall and Waterloo. 

My weekends in June are booked up already so early July or a weekday would be easier for me 

xx

• Hi all, 

I am replying on behalf on Skaila (Sue) who is computerless at the moment. She will be able to go online again next week and sends her sincere apologies for not being in touch about the London meet up.

So far these people have expressed an interest in coming,

Gragon

Button 16

m-j

Daloni

Diz

Skaila

Alive

It looks as if this meet up will now happen in middle of July or August.

Are there any more folk out there who would like a fun time chatting with friends. We are all a friendly bunch and there is always plenty of laughter when we get together.

Please let us know if you are interested and when we have an idea how many would like to come we can book the venue and confirm the date.

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Heya, 

I could be, depending on what price train tickets are and how far from the train station you're meeting.

Also depends on when they book me in for my liver biopsy too, as it's supposed to be anytime from middle of July into August. Lol

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi Lass, it would be lovely to meet you again. Train tickets can be reasonable if you book in advance and if we get the boat it is really close to the Station I think it was Waterloo and was literally just across the road. 

I hope you can make it and will add your name as a possible.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Sorry, Station as in St Pancras/Kings Cross. Lol.

Walking and standing isn't my friend, so the underground is out. Buses are OK, just depending on where the stops are. 

But I'll investigate and see once there's a date, and I've a date for the biopsy, and a location etc. Can see if my aunt is free too, turn it into a couple of days as then the energy expenditure isn't so bad.

Grin

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• I'd really like to join you - sounds like it may now be in the school holidays which could work as we were planning a few days in London as the children love it. I'll need to see what date you come up with before I commit though. Can't do July at all, sorry. But don't plan it around me. I'll keep checking the updates!

Lovely idea. 

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I’d love to come if possible Fingers crossed xx