Just for fun... Stoma names and why

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 30 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi peeps.... So I was having a conversation with my friend just before and she asked me why my stoma was called Little Miss... That got me thinking.... 

Little Miss gets her name because she is small and feisty.... Attitude .... 

What's your stoma called and why? ... X 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Poppy, as when behaving looks like one.  Also "born" just before Rememberance day.  She also makes a popping sound when windy.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You've definitely got too much time on your hands but all good questions deserve an excellent Bodach response

My stomaname come from the Scottish Gaelic

an Cnoc

Simply the hill

and because it is light and fruity (just like me)

Ian

After a really bad stomaday there is nothing to beat a

• Hi all,

My poo stoma is called Krakatoa. The name speaks for itself. And my urine stoma is called Tracey, after a nurse who works on the Urology department told me, my stoma had to have a name.

Kind regards and thank you,

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mine is called Gollum as when he was first "born" he had a real split personality! Super high output or none at all! And when a nurse was helping me change my bag he erupted all over her and she approved of the name because you just couldn't trust him! But when he behaves he's really rather cute! lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi All

Mines called Tom

A friend of mine had a tumour abeit benign and named it so when I was diagnosed with a low rectal tumour I named it Tomasina (no idea why just liked the name !!)

After surgery as Tomasina had been cut away Tom was born.

Normally very well behaved but he can have his moments. Just got an habit of talking to him when I'm changing so may get locked up one of these days

K

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi! Great question, how nearly impossible is it to name your stoma? Mine was temporary, and itchy, and temperamental with a gifted sense of timing for getting it wrong. Before I had it, ( sorry, Her) I chose " Dowager Countess Lady Grantham", or  Violet, for short. except my GP said it was going to be too much of a long name, so got shortened to .... " me bag". Sorry but it did. Xxx 

• Hi everyone,

My hairdressers aunty has a colostomy and she calls it "a bag of c**p",because that's what it is. Sorry, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Love, peace and harmony and lots of love from

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mines called Bob, Many years ago I used to ride a horse called Bob who was also a little shit.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husbands stoma is named Eric after Eric the Red the Viking explorer.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My colostomy is Dave, a name requested by a dear friend.  The reason, because her ex husband was full of sh!t.  My urostomy is Bob,  after a friend who always takes the p!ss out of me.  I hasten to add the naming ceremony happened on a very champagne driven night pre op!!!

It helps to keep a sense of humour!