Can't cope

• 201 replies
  • 53 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed literally 4 weeks ago with kidney cancer that has spread to the pancreas and lungs and there is nothing they can do. She's doing amazing she's so brave but I'm falling apart I can't cope I just I can't do this I can't watch her die she has lost so much weight she's so frail and weak every second of every day is hard.i don't feel like anyone gets it at all nobody can get what I'm going through because they haven't been through it. I had to watch my dad die of cancer when I was a child and now I'm in the exact same position watching my mum die now and I'm only 34 years old. I can't lose my mum but I got no choice I just feel like il never be able to carry on with out her but watching her die knowing there is nothing I can do I dread every day and every night I'm not sleeping it's just a constant pain in my chest like I can't breath.

• Hey I’m glad to hear you ok and mum doing well too that’s great about her weight snd she has decided on biopsy too that’s positive.    She is taking stronger stuff but she feels it is taking the edge of but not brilliantly.     The palliative care people have been in touch re dealing with pain symptoms so we are get an appt to speak to them also about physio.      It feels a long time waiting for all this info so hope tomorrow is going be positive.   Somebody she used to work with had just passed from cancer the other day I think that really upset her.  It’s just an unfair world we live in.  Our mums should not be going through this.   

• Hey, I'm glad palliative care have been they are very good in dealing with pain relief just get on to them the second she's in pain phone them they have been really good and quick with my mum. I hope you have some positive tomorrow anything is better than none isn't it. Your poor mum I bet it really affected her hearing someone has passed away from cancer she has a totally different understanding of it now doesnt she I can't even watch the cancer adverts on TV anymore because it means something so different to me now. Give her plenty of love and comfort xx 

• Yeah I think they will be good.  I said to my mum we are going take whatever help we are offered.  She is proud woman and has not be used to taking help from anyone over the years but when it comes to something like this you need to!   Is your mum just going in for the day on Wednesday?     Yeah it really did and as you say they adverts really get to me too.    It makes you think of everything in a different light.   

• Yeah definitely accept all help because she really doesn't need to be in any pain at all. And when your not in pain that can help make a huge difference. Yes only day surgery on Wednesday it's a different type of biopsy as the first one didn't work so it's like a bigger one with a needle on the end apparently. She went down hill with pain after the first one so I'm really hoping she won't be as bad after this one.

• Well thats it exactly.  I’ll keep everything crossed for Wednesday that everything goes well. Take care. Heart️

• Thank you. You to for the results remember write down what u want to ask because you mind will go blank and don't be afraid to ask for another appointment because I don't recall anything from my.mums appointment it's a complete blank I know I asked questions but I have no memory of it at all so a few weeks later when my brain processed it I phoned back and asked them to speak to me again so I could actually process it. Fingers crossed for a positive out come il be here to chat when your ready xx 

• Thank you so much. Xx

• Hi Reeb. I related to your post. My mum and me are so close.. It has also been just us two my whole life. I am 35 yrs old. My mum lives with me but is currently waiting for a hospice bed from hospital. My world is shattered, my heart is broken, I actually feel pain physically in my chest Cry I cannot bare to think of her leaving me. It’s unbearable. 

• Hey  

I'm not sure if we're allowed to exchange contact info but if we are then I would be happy to.

We've been advised that it would be unwise to bring her home because we could be waiting up to 4 hours for a DN to arrive to administer breakthrough medication and she is currently on a morphine driver which is being increased regularly depending on how much pain she is in. They've now said if she were to leave the hospital it would be to a nursing home and personally I think the PCT ward she is currently on would be more suitable than a nursing home.

Is that the slow releaser 12 hour meds and oramorph?

That's fantastic news, I'm so happy she's doing much better on the right medication but I can understand that you might be on edge a little bit wondering how long it will last. 

Thank you - I can't say it's a shock, I'm just devastated that it has happened so quickly. I feel better when I talk to you both so thank you Heart

x️xx

• Hi  

Reading that makes me want to squeeze you tightly and take some of that pain away. I am so sorry that you're going through this as well, I really am.

The bond between a mum and a daughter is something else, especially when they are also your best friend and your world. I feel the same, it is absolutely heartbreaking and I have that pain in my chest all the time, it never leaves.

I wish I had something comforting to say but you will get through this, we will all get through this and I am here if and when you want to talk Heart️