My husband died in my arms on the 2nd May (2009) - what happens now?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7970 replies
  • 26 subscribers

My husband - Chris - died on the 2nd May 2009 because he had anal cancer. He knew he was going and we spoke about lots and lots of things before he died. That is why I am just not prepared for the huge amount of guilt I feel now. I feel guilty that the world hasn't stopped turning round even though he has died. I feel like everything should stop as a mark of respect. I also feel very guilty that he had to be so ill he had to die. What a cruel cruel thing it is to make someone so ill their body just stops working. I wasn't ready for him to go. I really really hope these are normal feelings because I must hang on to my sanity for the sake of my 3 children. I have never known sadness like I feel right now. I can't believe that I will not hear his voice or feel his touch again. We were married for almost 32 years and I have known Chris for 34 years - since I was 16. What happens now? Ailsa

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Everyone,
    My daughter and me off to see The Eagles at Hampdon in Glasgow on Sat night this was my 50th birthday present from my son and daughter, we are going to stay in a hotel on Saturday night and do some shopping when we are there. I am a bit worried how i will get on at concert as they were Derek's favourite band and he just loved there songs his favourite was 'The Last Resort' so i know i will have a cry when they play it( i just wish he could be there with us) Been very hot here today thought we were going to get thunder but it seem to pass.
    Take Care
    Fiona xxxxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Fiona, cor they must be the Bald Eagles by now eh, enjoy yourself there and have a good day.

Kev xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi everyone

Weekend at last!!! I am soooo tired, been too busy this week I think. Going to a friends tonight for a few drinks. No plans for tomorrow, going to try and relax and not do much but find myself planning every day so as not to have time to think but it is really catching up on me today.Had a few tears in the toilets at work, oh well!!

Shopping with daughter on Sunday

Have a good weekend everybody

Helen xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone. I'm feeling quite bright today and it is a nice feeling. Also feeling like Chris would have been happy I was feeling a little better so I don't feel guilty at all. I am still looking forward to going to the race night with my son and his girlfriend so i will get ready soon - I have some new jeans to wear. I hope you enjoy your Eagles concert Fiona. You must enjoy it for Derek as well as yourself. I'm sure no-one will mind a few tears if they come. Have fun and enjoy the whole weekend. Helen - enjoy your evening with friends and try to get some rest over the weekend. I am on a mission to have a calmer weekend than I had last weekend so we both need to stick to our plans.

Kev - I hope you find something nice to do as well as the food shopping. Best wishes to you all. Take care. Ailsa xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hello to you all, Ailsa have a good race day in your new jeans, mmm it's not gonna take much to beat the food shopping trip is it? That's the one thing I hate, when me and Di went it was ok as I pushed the trolly and packed the bags while Di filled it up and she knew where everything was, what I do is what you ladies call "man look" and it's right in front of me and I still can't see it (still the same). Bye for now and have a peaceful weekend. Sorry Helen, nothing wrong with a few tears you know, don't be afraid to show your emotions, thats what Di said to me in a letter she wrote for me to read after she died!! So don't ever worry about your tears.

Kev xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all have a good weekend, all ready for The Eagles and yes Kev i am showing my age now The Eagles been on the go for a long time . Speak soon.
    Take Care
    Fiona x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all have a good weekend, all ready for The Eagles and yes Kev i am showing my age now The Eagles been on the go for a long time . Speak soon.
    Take Care
    Fiona x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well I`m keeping my promise to myself so far...had a long lie in (partly due to the wine last night!) then stayed in bed to watch some of the coronation omnibus. Daughter even brought me breakfast in bed xxx

Just had a lovely bath and started reading a new book.

Takeaway tonight I think, a nice relaxing day and not finding it too difficult at the moment.

How were The Eagles Fiona?, hope you had a good night xx

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Saturday

Helen xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    hello everyone i am new to this i have been reading this site since my husband died in sept 2008 with nsclc. he was just diagnosed in june but caught neutrivenious sepsis and his blood count was so low he could not fight it. he had 7 chemos and 30 radio just one chemo to go. i feel a bit guilty because you all seem so young to have lost your partners we were married 48 years and it is so hard to be without him we were together 24/7 as he got early retirement at 55. i can't seem to get on with things now he is not here we were a team.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    dear tomtun
    so sorry that you lost your husband from neutropenic sepsis - my husband died from the same thing 6 weeks ago.
    Please don't waste even one moment in feeling guilty.Grief knows no boundaries, and does not take account of anyone's age.it is very hard to carry on after your soulmaate is taken from you. I, and many others, have found this site to be a lifeline.Our lives have all been invaded by cancer in one way or another, and we have experienced similar emotions to yours. some stories have happy endings; people go into remission, and we all celebrate with them. Others, like us, have sadder tales to tell, as our loved ones have been stolen from us by the cruelty of this disease. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it better for us all!!!
    The next best thing is to keep posting here. The support is amazing, and you will soon find that you are not alone! It might help. if you feel up to it, to fill in some details on your profile, then you won't have to keep repeating yourself. You can fill in as few or as many as you wish, it doesn't matter. Feel free to have a look at mine if you like - it's open to view.
    keep posting
    sue x